Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebell Railway 2012

1638.jpg
    Taken at the Bluebell Railway on 8th July 2012 at Sheffield Park Station between the extremely heavy showers. Camera used was an EOS 20D with 17-40 L lens.

Re: Bluebell Railway 2012

Dazzling Dave

Fred D.

Comment

Due to the sky being blown out I think this would work better converted to mono

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Love the engine, would have to respectfully disagree with Stan, in that if that if the exposure is not correct does not mean that it is a candidate for BW, but hat is my opinion.

Tom

Comment

Love the Bluebell Line as I used to live in West Kent and east Sussex and within about 50 miles of that line. Nice photo indeed though yes agree it would be better if you could recover the sky. Usually I can get most skies back using ideally local adjustment brush in LightRoom4 and burning in some detail if any was there. That way you do not affect the balanced exposure of the subject matter and the rest of the shot of course.
          Sure I fully appreciate the 20D is getting on a bit now and has a much lower dynamic range on the ageing sensor, but it is none the less a great classic DSLR camera. I had a 40D up to earlier this year and that is a good upgrade for the 20D and you can get them very cheaply now second hand on eBay for example.
          Best Regards
          Ray Walton

Comment

more please ...
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

It will be a great opportunity for all steam buffs to get some great shots next weekend, as the Bluebell railway, returns to East Grinstead after 55years. The first train arrives in East Grinstead about 9.45 am i think.

They are having several special events over a three week period, but the opening weekend Sat 23rd - Sun 24th March, should be one not to miss.

Comment

Working...
              X