• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodmin & Wenford Pannier Tank Engine

An outstanding little heritage line...

Bodmin & Wenford Railway link here...

6435 link here...

One for the chuffers amongst us!

I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Re: Bodmin & Wenford Pannier Tank Engine

Nice to see a good bit of engineering. I like the angle of the shot and having the station name in the frame is great - lovely stuff.

Comment

Nice ... Ah the Green, Wet and Rusty ... when I was a nipper we would visit relations in North Wales going via Chester Northgate ... as the line went over the GWR line (Chester General) I always recall the polished brass etc. Always a strange sight seeing GWR so far north. Then again the Chester Northgate to Wrexham line was Great Central ... so for those of us with an interest in railways this was quite an area.

Anyway nice shot.

Comment

Hi Guys;

Thanks for your comments and for reviving this thread; I'd quite forgotten about it...

MX5 - surely you mean 'God's Wonderful Railway' !

As a nipper myself, we were able to walk quite freely around the GWR shed at Old Oak Common (amongst others...) Aaahhh - I can smell the smoke & steam just thinking about it...

All the operatives there were always welcoming to youngsters & had a real pride in what they were doing! I wonder if that same 'pride' is felt by today's railwaymen (& women!)...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
          Hi Guys;

All the operatives there were always welcoming to youngsters & had a real pride in what they were doing! I wonder if that same 'pride' is felt by today's railwaymen (& women!)...
          As a railwayman for 41 years (now retired) I would have to say - Yes ! At least up until April Fool's Day 1994. The day Railtrack came into being !

Sorry, forgot to add, a great shot of a great little loco.
          Last edited by allachie9; 25-06-2010, 18:40.

Comment

Working...
          X