VSCC. Is anyone here a member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSCC. Is anyone here a member?

A few of us are planning a trip to watch the Lakleand Trial next wekend.
    We know the event is on, and know of a couple of stages, but that's all we can find out.
    We have tried the VSCC website, but unless we pay £70 to become a member they won't give out any information.
    We thought they might want to get the general public interested, but they do seem to be very secretive.

Is anyone here a member or have any access to spectator information. We know it exists because the website says so; they just won't give spectators the spectator information.

Very strange indeed.

Can anyone help, Please?

Re: VSCC. Is anyone here a member?

Found this at Honister , one location at least.

Comment

have you tried using the search feature here - you could PM members
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
        Found this at Honister , one location at least.
        Thanks. We know about Honister, that's where we got to know about it. But we have no idea of timings or what cars will be coming through.
        Seems a simple request but VSCC are more secretive than Tony Blair's accountant!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          have you tried using the search feature here - you could PM members
          I'm not sure how that would work. Can you clarify a little?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
            I'm not sure how that would work. Can you clarify a little?
            put VSCC into the search box directly above then click the magnifying icon next to it, that will show you all members that have used that term in a posting - from there you can read threads and send messages to members
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Why not change your plans and go to the Prescott Hill Climb later in the month. Fantastic single venue and great atmosphere. Easily accessible from M5 - Tewkesbury. See you there.

Comment

Prescott is miles away from Central Lancashire. Much too far for a day trip - we've looked at it before.

I've followed Tigger's suggestion and found the same member he(or she) found. I've sent a PM, but in keeping with the VSCC code of complete silence to non members I have had no response.

Comment

I know people who are, so I'll ask the question for you. My suspicion is that it's going to be a closed, non-spectator event.

[edit]Just spotted the date, too late, sorry![/edit]
                  Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Sorry. We went. We knew Honister was open but we also knew that some forest stages were open. Anyway with a bit of detective work we found 5 stages to visit. Unfortunately the weather worked against us. A couple of stages were cancelled because of the weather, and we were not overly enjoying standing in the rain for 5 hours or so. Photography was a challenge and although we managed some decent shots the charms of the tea room and hot buttered tea cakes eventually won out.
                    Turns out that Keswick was the wettest place in UK. We would agree with that.

Comment

Turns out that Keswick was the wettest place in UK. We would agree with that.
                      Probably why the place is full of lakes then
                      Original home patch for me as a Cumbrian.

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. Out of interest have you thought of offering the use of some of your pictures to them in return for details?
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Yes it was wet. Some of the southern marshalls high up on Fleetwith were not overly happy. They were even less happy when I said that the rain was quite normal for that area!!!

The place was crawling with press guys. There was even a guy there with a brand new 11-24 lens. Non fisheye and no distortion. Not yet released to us plebs. Guy was using both Canon and Nikon systems. I would have needed a car to carry all his gear.

There was even a photo of the event in yesterday's Sunday Telegraph (just a little one).

I did look at your suggestion, but their website is one of the most unfriendly places known to man. Photographers are given no help and any media guys have to jump through big hoops to get on there. Interestingly when we went into the forests we never saw any press at all - they all seemed to stick on Honister.

The site did have spectator information available, but it wasn't there at 5.45AM on Saturday when we were setting off, so who it was designed to impress I'm not sure.

If we fancy a return trip next year we now know quite a few stages, even some that are not published to us lot, so the only problem will be getting a start list.

Comment

Working...
                        X