tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tornado

tornado heading past furness parkhall farm on the way to barrow-in-furness station early this year
    Attached Files

Re: tornado

Really good shot. I assume the engine was moving and if so maybe a bit of motion blur would improve this shot as it appears to be a bit static. The top of the front of the engine appears a little soft.
    Shots of steam trains always have that something special about them and this is no exception.

David
    David

Comment

Hi Kingsown;

Nice try... Tornado is an impressive piece of kit... As David notes; the top/front looks a tad 'soft' but that may be down to the image compression on upload... but it's a shame you didn't capture the whole of the tender... IMO - it would have looked better with some of the trailing carriages, rather than a chopped-off tender...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Aye the problems of a tender behind. Well even though its LNER is a nice loco (I'm a LMS man meself). Young Tornado gets about !! I think it was last year at Goatland when I first cop'd it.

But composition and trains/locos ... like ColinC has said (sort of) elsewhere ... these things never go where and when you tell 'em ;-)

Comment

Not quite so bad with trains, coz you can see from where the rails are where they are likely to go. For those that don't, have the motor drive switched to max!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

you can see from where the rails are where they are likely to go
            ROFL
            David

Comment

Yes ROFL here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                Not quite so bad with trains, coz you can see from where the rails are where they are likely to go.

Colin

Not always Colin !

I was called out to investigate this a few years ago . . . . all down to speeding !

Alan.

Comment

So that is how Railrack lay track these days, I often wondered

Hope nobody was hurt in this incident

Comment

Hi Alan,

They say every picture tells a story - I think that one could do a novel! Good shot

TTFN,
                    Neil
                    Neilly's Flickr Page
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
                    Facebook
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                      So that is how Railrack lay track these days, I often wondered

Hope nobody was hurt in this incident
                      No - nobody hurt, but over half a mile of track destroyed and the driver demoted.

The pic above was put into the official report, but I was tempted to put this one in . . .

. . . . . but I still had a couple of years to my retirement, and I didn't want to jeopardise my pension !

Comment

Working...
                      X