Old Mercury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Mercury

Only doing this because I "think I Can" -- Still attempting to master getting bigger photos on the Forum
    By God It worked !!!!!
    SORRY ------- Got so excited about posting the "big" photo I of course got the car wrong --- As you can see it's a Hudson
    Last edited by Ken Stern; 12-10-2010, 22:09.

Re: Old Mercury

Well done at mastering the posting of large images this worked well.

A great old car, it almost looks as if it is smiling at you.

It would have been nice if the bright red something just above the roof could have been cloned out or toned down as I find it a little destracting.

Comment

nice shot.
      Canon EOS 5D MK-II | EF 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L I USM | EF 24-105mm f/4 IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 coming 01/2011

Comment

Ahhhhh; all that chrome; sadly lacking today!

Not really - it was always a bugger to keep clean & shiny
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Now that is some mean machine. If I saw that in my rear view mirror, I'd pull over and let it pass.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
            Now that is some mean machine. If I saw that in my rear view mirror, I'd pull over and let it pass.

Colin
            In your mini you would be in danger of being squashed if you didn't move over
            ef-r

Comment

My Mini would probably fit in the boot (trunk) of that one.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Sitting right next to the big old Hudson was this massive example of Detroit Iron - One of the last of it's breed a 58/59 Packard. Note: back in 58/59 gas went for 25 cents gallon when it wasn't on sale say as low as 15 cents a gallon. There are lots of good reasons why they don't build them like this any more - As for the Packard people just stopped buying them. Last photo: Think the car behind the massive head lamp is a Pierce Arrow --- Question for the Brits -- Do they still make the Vauxhall ????

Comment

Working...
                X