Old and rather damp Train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old and rather damp Train

Would love to tell you this picture was sitting in my attic and I think its a bit
    worse for wear and more than a little damp in the past.

Im very new to this but would love your c+cs
    My friends call me Woody

Re: Old and rather damp Train

You've had lots of views but no comments. Well it's a Class 25 Diesel - can't make out the route code although it appears 1J24 ... a 10:10 SO Euston - Aberystwyth turn in the 1980's so says Google.

So is there a story?

Comment

Thanks for the reply MX5 it was taken on the 27/04/2011 and its my first attempt using cs5 to try and make it look old and I must say it turned out quite good.
      It was taken at Buckfastleigh,Devon
      My friends call me Woody

Comment

Ah that's where it must be preserved then. The effect looks good ... I lost nearly my entire collection of prints to 'water' in the late 80's I think. Some that 'survived' turned this way. So I've hardly anything I took from 1960 until 1990. The negs and slides suffered damage as well. I gave up snapping for five years after that!

So yes I'd say ... it looks real (so much so I did think it was an 80's print that had suffered a bit).

Comment

Clever stuff, I too didn't realise it was a processed image really effective treatment, you may be new to this but you have got the nack.

Ray

Comment

Could easily be an old photograph particularly like the mould effect
            Well done

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Working...
            X