New OO gauge model railway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New OO gauge model railway

I had a previous thread with some images that some seemed interested in, with the current lockdown my new project is now well under way. This one is built at ground level to save having to climb up loft ladders, though the grandkids miss climbing up there lol.
    BM1K1384.jpg
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

DSC02591 by tigerburnie, on Flickr

Comment

There's only sunlight in here, need to get some better lighting of a flash gun.
      BM1K1382.jpg

Comment

Nice shots.I worked with a chap who built his own O gauge layout,including the locos and rolling stock.

Comment

For those interested, this is a digital dcc controlled layout, this allows more realistic control and also you can add sound chips to the locos. I am still working on the fine details to make it look realistic, some items have beendirtied up using weathering powders, the locos are not yet weathered as some will need detailing and in some cases new numbers adding to make the stock accurate to the area.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
            Nice shots.I worked with a chap who built his own O gauge layout,including the locos and rolling stock.
            I have not built the rolling stock on this set up, you need better eyesight than I've got and more nimble fingers too, I have built a loco before a long time ago, I enjoyed doing it, but I prefer running the trains and doing all the scenery, which is mostly made by me from scratch.

Comment

That's great,the chap I knew had the skill to scale down from the full sized blue prints,fascinating to watch him start to build a goods wagon.

Comment

Looks good Tigerburnie, been following this on RM Web where I am Bill37.

Bill
                Last edited by Bill53; 18-04-2020, 19:30.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill for your kind comments on both forums and on my flickr site.

Comment

Great modelling, well done
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                      Great modelling, well done
                      Thanks, there's a lot of detail to do to make it look realistic, once we are allowed out into the shops I hope to get more done, it keeps me busy when the weathers poor for photography.

Comment

Great photos of what looks to be a very nice model railway.
                        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

00 gauge model railway by tigerburnie, on Flickr

This is based on our village station and yard in the 1950's and '60's using 2 black and white photos and what's left of it now, a fair bit of modellers licence involved too.

Comment

Nicely done.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X