Midland Pullman 43055 + 43059

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midland Pullman 43055 + 43059

At Totnes (where I live) yesterday we had a lot of heavy rain. I was told that this train was due to Paignton in the afternoon so I decided to go near Torquay. The weather there was really nice, not cold and the sun was out. Well worth going!

Midland Pullman 43055 + 43059 are seen passing Hollicombe Beach near Torquay working the 5Z42 08:57 Crewe HS to Goodington on the 27th October 2023.

Midland Pullman HST by Colin Wallace, on Flickr
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Great shot Colin. I saw it from the other side of the river passing Starcross
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Definitely worth going Colin, excellent shot.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

A lovely train in a beautiful setting.
        ---------------------
        Ian C.

Comment

Lovely image Colin, looks like it was a good decision to venture out and escape the rain.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Excellent shot. Love the way it snakes into the background.

Judging by the amount of cack pouring out I guess it was working a bit hard? (Not one for the environmentalists I think...)
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
              Excellent shot. Love the way it snakes into the background.

Judging by the amount of cack pouring out I guess it was working a bit hard? (Not one for the environmentalists I think...)
              It had been stopped there for about 10 minutes. When it started to move that's when the stuff started to come out. Sorry, but I do not know what that item is called.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post

It had been stopped there for about 10 minutes.
                Ah, that would account for it...

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
                When it started to move that's when the stuff started to come out. Sorry, but I do not know what that item is called.
                I guess you could call it soot...Mostly it's a mixture of carbon particles and partially burned fuel; when put under load from idle diesel engines aren't quite as efficient as they are when running at speed - particularly if turbocharged which requires a certain amount of turbine speed to properly charge the cylinders with air prior to injection of the fuel.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I guess you could call it soot...Mostly it's a mixture of carbon particles and partially burned fuel; when put under load from idle diesel engines aren't quite as efficient as they are when running at speed - particularly if turbocharged which requires a certain amount of turbine speed to properly charge the cylinders with air prior to injection of the fuel.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your info.

Comment

Great capture.....Nearly as much smoke coming out of that diesel 125 as there are from your steam powered loco shots
                    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Working...
                    X