The Classic Car show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Classic Car show.

Spent some time this last weekend at a Classic Car rally. Really enjoyed it.. Lots to photograph, but not a lot of room between the cars, and loads and loads of people about.

Would have loved to have had the cars in open spaces and be able to take shots that did them justice, but you cut your cloth and all that.

Also had the wrong lens on, went with the 55-250 after taking the water lily shots that morning leaning over the pond...realised when I got there would have probably been better if I'd put the 50mm or the 18-55 on, but you live and learn. :o) Mind you, did give me the chance to stand back and grab a shot between the crowds when the gaps appeared so you can't have it all ways. :o)

See what I mean about crammed together.

The interior was stunning, all blue fabric the colour of the car.

Had to have a play with the sepia. Seemed to suit this one... but I think the time period is probably more black and white, rather than sepia.. maybe I should do this black and white and work on one of the old rolls royce to turn it into a sepia.

Black and white.

The orange plastic dividing tape was everywhere. I'm not sure my cloning is up to remove all of it. When I have a hour or two and good light may give it a go on a couple. :o)

WDYT
    Last edited by DeeGee; 03-08-2011, 21:11.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: The Classic Car show.

Love how you processed shots 4 & 5. Nicely done.

Tom

Comment

but not a lot of room between the cars, and loads and loads of people about.
      thats always the problem with that sort of event but you've done well and got some good shots anyway. I'm a bit of a fan of sepia myself and like what you've done with the 4th shot
      With crowds and cars close together its always worth thinking about getting in close and shooting detail such as lights, grille, mascot etc

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Nice photos Di, love the sepia shot.
        Whilst your at the cloning stage can you loose the more modern Bentley by the side of it ?
        Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          thats always the problem with that sort of event but you've done well and got some good shots anyway. I'm a bit of a fan of sepia myself and like what you've done with the 4th shot
          With crowds and cars close together its always worth thinking about getting in close and shooting detail such as lights, grille, mascot etc

Stan
          Got some of them.. but confess they where an after thought... Coming up shortly
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by amphil007 View Post
            Nice photos Di, love the sepia shot.
            Whilst your at the cloning stage can you loose the more modern Bentley by the side of it ?
            I know... I might have a go but I'm not saying the result will be here... my cloning is so so to say the least.

Vauxhall:

Grill

Bandit
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Right had a go at the cloning... and making the black and white shot from the sepia and making one of the black and white rolls to a sepia.
              Attached Files
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Cracking shots, I like old cars..... And being an old Mod I love the Lambretta......

Gary

Comment

Looks like you had a great day in the company of some lovely cars.
                  Good processing as well

Mike
                  www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Good attempt at the cloning Di
                    Looks better in my view
                    Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Thanks.

A couple more. The VUG was just a car that I passed, you've got to admire a polished engine. The volvo I've just finished. I had to clone out people from the background sat on the grass banking.

I wanted a late 1960's colour to it. I'm not sure I've managed it, I just played with the sliders till it matched some of the photos that I have of when I was growing up. WDYT?
                      Attached Files
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X