South Devon Railway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Devon Railway

This is one of my favourites in my collection but I am looking for any feedback, good or bad to help me improve. Taken on the South Devon Railway with a 'Lineside Photo Permit' and a 'Personal Track Safety Permit'.

Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Re: South Devon Railway

Yep-like it-pity the sun wasnt out tho.

Comment

Certainly has an old world charm to it.

I'd be tempted to clone out the telephone pole - but thats just me, feel free to ignore. Looks good in black and white with a touch of contrast - again - this is just me, we all see something different in a photograph.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Nice ... and glad you got the permits. I often wonder if some trackside photos were taken with permits / official permissions.

A Fowler Class 3F (ex-LMS) if anyone wondered - but I am biased towards LMS

Comment

I can see why this is one of your favourites, great atmosphere and plenty of smoke, as hhcanon said shame the sun didn't help light the colours up and give you a greater apperture to work with, but your composition is great and I think you made the most of your oppertunity.

Ray

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, it’s very much appreciated.

The photograph was taken at the beginning of September on a horrible wet day, hence no sun!

Colin
            Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Nice shot Colin,works well despite the cloudy sky.
              I took a trip on this line when I was on holiday there in July, great day out.
              Colin

Kit - 550d, canon 18-135mm & 55- 250mm & 50mm 1.8, tamron 70-300mm VC USD

Comment

Working...
              X