Abandoned Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned Boat

Nice Good Friday outing, found this boat and was drawn to the detail. Often wondered why boats are just left to rot, cost of salvage?

Buncranna Boat by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
    Last edited by Glezga; 29-03-2024, 23:03.
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Very nice image Steven and the composition works well using the diagonal.

Whether they are left to rot to save the cost of scrapping, it certainly works well for us photographers.
    Colin

Comment

Love a good abandoned boat pic. Nice one Steve

Comment

A super pic Steve, works well, lots of colour and detail.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Great shot
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice photo

Comment

Yes great detail and angle…much better for the environment being left…a haven for ecology.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian, that makes sense.

If we saw that growing up, it would be our playground for the weekend. its easily accessible and hidden enough. It’s a wonder its not cordoned off and manned 24/7 lol. Do kids even play or explore nowadays (old man here)

Steve

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

I'm with you there Steve, from what I've seen kids don't know how to play anymore. They're either to busy indoors playing on consoles or terrorizing the streets in big groups. I went to our local co-op one evening and there were a group of teens throwing eggs at people inside the shop! If we done that we would of had our necks rung on the spot.

It's crazy how quickly things change. I grew up in the 90s and we used explore or build dens by the river/ woodland area nearby or play around on our bikes etc, British bulldog, army, all that type of stuff. Never see that anywhere anymore.

We would have definitely played in this as a kid

Comment

Lol same here – Den’s, swings across rivers that would give H&S a heart attack. anything remotely dangerous – we would be in it!
                    I’m 50 and when my 21yo son helps me about the house or garden – he dons gloves, masks etc – he does stop at hi vis though lol. both my kids did play in our street but they didn’t go any further!
                    Steve

Flickr

Comment

Nice image. Sometimes you do wonder why things just get left, happens with houses too.
                      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I see a lot of abandoned houses or old Irish cottages that are in stunning spots. I was told by a farmer that they are so far away from services – its not worth the investment. Must try get a few images.
                        Steve

Flickr

Comment

Lovely image, Steve, you've really pulled out the colours and texture brilliantly.
                          If you don't mind me saying, I do wonder whether there is any scope for letting it have a little more room to breathe to the right and the bottom? Perhaps this would also let us see how that dark stained water flows.
                          Canon EOS 7D
                          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks, it was a portrait shot cropped, i was trying to get the whole wind of the river and by time i straightened it - i cut into the boat and found the bridge etc distracting: heres the original... i plan a repeat visit on a nice day with wellies lol

Boat Portrait by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
                            Last edited by Glezga; 02-04-2024, 11:34.
                            Steve

Flickr

Comment

Could maybe have been a bit less tight on the crop but works just fine as it is.

There's something about rot, grot and decay that appeals to us photographers...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X