Cullmann 200T Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cullmann 200T Tripod

I'm flying off on a little trip soon, and want to take a lightweight travel tripod with me.

My Slik 500DX is quite a hefty beast, and not something that would travel with you as 'hand-baggage' alongside the shoulder bag with camera and lenses, and certainly not carry it around with you all day.

After reading a 'post' here on the forum, I considered the Slik mini-pro II, but the reviewer saw the need to change to ball-head for a Manfrotto.

In my search I came across the Cullmann 200T, and although not as tall as the Slik mini-pro, being only 84cm high when fully extended, has a 2Kg load capacity, weighs only 720g, and is only 30cm long when closed.

Providing that you are prepared stoop or squat a bit, it seems to be the ideal travel companion, and very reasonably priced.

I weighed my heaviest camera/lens combination, the 7D and the Tamron 70-300 Di VC USD, and this came up just short of 1.6Kg, so well within the 2Kg capacity of the tripod.

Has anyone used this particular tripod?

Dave
    Attached Files
    Dave

Re: Cullmann 200T Tripod

Hi Dave

I bought one of these recently and whilst I have not used it properly yet it seems very good.

Like you I also have the Tamron 70 - 300 and have tried it attached to my 50D & grip which it holds well. It is very light and compact and very easy to carry around. Well worth the money.

Colin

Comment

Encouragement indeed Colin, thank you.

There have been many times when I have wished that I had a tripod with me, and although I find my Slik 500DX and excellent tripod, its just too big and heavy to carry around, so it stays at home.

I think that having the little Cullmann with me on my travels, will open up a lot more photographic opportunities, wihout being inconvenient.

I reckon I'll be ordering one tomorrow.

Dave
      Dave

Comment

The Cullmann Nanomax 200T Travel Tripod arrived today, and I'm quite pleased with it.

I attached the EOS 7D with the Tamron 70-300 Di VC UD, and can report that the ball-head holds very firmly, with no tendency to 'creep', even with the camera angled up or down.

It is very light, as it is supposed to be, and with the sort of weight of the 7D plus the Tamron on top, a remote release will be essential, as touching the camera will introduce camera shake.

I would not be happy leaving the tripod unattended, in windy conditions with heavy gear on top, for fear that being very much top heavy, it could blow over.

However, that is not how I will want to use it, but as very portable tripod that will fit easily into hand-luggage or gadget bag, and will provide me with the means to use slow shutter speads with long focal lengths, and for night shots.

Providing you accept its limitations, then for £35 its very good value, nicely made, and an excellent travel companion.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

A well respected and quality tripod brand.
          Have a great trip.

Comment

Dave - I also have one of these. It is veryy portable, although the legs are a bit spindly and I wouldn't trust it in the wind.
            But for casual use when walking and travelling it is fine.

Ian
            EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Working...
            X