Wacom Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacom Tablet

Does anyone have any ideas if this is any good for photo retouching?
    Thanks
    Slugys

Re: Wacom Tablet

I'm also interested in these graphics tablets, I use photoshop a lot, and sometimes find it difficult to make small adjustments with the trackpad.

John

Comment

I have used them before when I worked in advertising but they where alot bigger and more expensive, Im hoping tech has improved and things have got smaller, better and cheaper!

Comment

I read about those somewhere recently, if my memory serves me well, they were very good.

Comment

Just ordered it to collect instore tomorrow so i will keep you posted!

Comment

I borrowed one from a friend at work, very good piece of equipment. I will buy my own one eventually! (When he asks for it back...)
            The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I have had my bamboo for about 3 years now and cant fault it - in my opinion you cant edit photos properly without one

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Picked it up this morning and I have to say im very impressed, once i got over the initial alien feel of not using the mouse it became second nature to use, I adjusted the hardness of the pen to suit my liking and have been very creative with it this afternoon. As above i dont know how I ever managed to do anything with the mouse. I love the pressure/brush size this makes dodging and burning a whole world easier.

Comment

Which model did you get in the end?
                  The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Sounds like I should invest in one of these. anyone use the wireless attachment on one of these?

John

Comment

I got the one in the link above which is the WACOM CTL-470K-EN Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet didnt think it was too badly priced at £48.80 as I said above im very pleased with it for the price. The big wacom tablets we used to use at work where just as good as this and nearly 8 times the price, its a nicer size too for photos.

Comment

I was looking at the description and I think it mentioned a workable area of 9cm x 14cm, is that really big enough?
                        Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                        http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                        https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

I tried a couple and hated them - ended up with a 'cyborg - rat 3' mouse, adjustable everything and you can save variations of speed etc.

.DAVID.
                          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

9x14 is perfect for photos as it happens we used to use A3 (i think it was) for graphics and they where great for large swooping curves and illustrator images but to be honest once you are zoomed in on a area on pshop you are just exercising your arm on anything bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
                              I tried a couple and hated them - ended up with a 'cyborg - rat 3' mouse, adjustable everything and you can save variations of speed etc.

.DAVID.
                              I guess its all down to personal preference, I am comfortable using a pencil on paper and have always found the mouse a bit counter intuitive to my actions in pshop. I have no idea what a cyborg-rat is but will give it a google later!!

Comment

Working...
                              X