Best CF cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best CF cards?

I am looking to get another Compact flash card for my 7D, what manufacture would you recommend. ?

At the moment I have a 16gb Sandisk card but just wondered what you use and what you recommend ;)

Thanks

Stuart
    Stuart Tunstall
    York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Re: Best CF cards?

I use Sandisk Pro and Lexar Pro. So either of these. If you shoot video or sustained bursts then the faster the card the better.

Comment

I have just found the other thread in this section asking the same thing , I think I will stick with the Sandisk brand as they seem recommended

Stu
      Stuart Tunstall
      York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Comment

Definitely Sandisk.

Colin
        Last edited by colin C; 08-07-2012, 17:01.
        Colin

Comment

I have used Sandisk for the past 7 years or so, and have not experienced any problems, so based on that experience, I stick with Sandisk.

However, that doesn't mean to say that other brands are any less reliable.

I have several 'flash drives', with various brands names, and all of them have been equally reliable.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Have always used Sandisk, however, last year I tried Duracell 32Gb and it has also proved very reliable.

David
            David

Comment

Hi Stuart

Have a look at www. mymemory.co.uk for cheap card deals.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Mine is Samsung
                Raj
                Flickr

Comment

Hi Stuart,

I use Transcend 600x UDMA 8GB CF cards. I've always found them to be first class and they 'keep up' with the 1D iv.

TTFN,
                  Neil
                  Neilly's Flickr Page
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
                  Facebook
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

I bought a couple of Samsung 8Gb 600X UDMA from 7dayshop.com for £17.99 delivered and they are excellent. When i went to order another one they had gone up to £25 but i can't fault them, fast enough for my motocross and equine......:O)

Now i'm looking for a 16Gb.........
                    Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

Sandisk for me, they are brand leader for a reason (IMHO)
                      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I like Sandisk, Lexar and also Transcend if I don't need the speed (such as for my car mp3 player). My next camera is getting a SanDisk Extreme Pro, which is in the post - well, so Amazon say. It's not really worth comparing speeds all that much as some quote max and some quote average, plus they vary a lot based on what they are plugged into, a 7D is pretty quick so I'd go with as fast you can get at a price you are happy with. BTW I also like the Lexar USB3 card reader (does CF/SD).

Comment

Working...
                        X