Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying Question.

Hi

I bought the Lowepro 13x32 Lens Case for my Canon 300mm F/2.8 II Lens. It went in the case (a very tight fit) but it was a struggle to get it back out.

I have a Lowepro backpack (can't remember the exact name), it's quite big and fits my 5D Mark III plus my 24-105 & 16-35 with flash & other bits but it's too much of a squeeze for the 300.

Any suggestions for a lens carrying case for the 300, the trunk it comes in is not really practical.

Many thanks.

Re: Carrying Question.

Hi Vikki

The EF 300mm f/2.8 lens is 128mm x 248mm in size, quite a big and fairly heavy lens.
    I would suggest looking at the Tamrac, Lowepro, Kata websites they will give internal measurements as part of the specifications.
    The Tamrac Super Telephoto Lens Pack (model 5793) looks interesting.
    The Lowepro Lens Case 13 x 32cm is also interesting.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
      Hi Vikki

The EF 300mm f/2.8 lens is 128mm x 248mm in size, quite a big and fairly heavy lens.
      I would suggest looking at the Tamrac, Lowepro, Kata websites they will give internal measurements as part of the specifications.
      The Tamrac Super Telephoto Lens Pack (model 5793) looks interesting.
      The Lowepro Lens Case 13 x 32cm is also interesting.
      The Lowepro 13x32 was not big enough, it was way to tight to get in/out. I'll check the others out!

Thanks

Comment

After trawling the net... I think my two top choices are the Kata Bug 205 or the Gura Gear Kiboko 30L.

Has anyone ever owned either of these...?

Comment

The Kata TLB-300; TELE LENS BACKPACK KT PL-TLB-300 also looks interesting.
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I've been pondering a ThinkTank bag, so you might want to look at their range. http://www.thinktankphoto.com/

One thing I notice is that a dedicated (expensive) walking backpack can carry 20kg all day and I hardly notice it. But my various Lowepro backpacks [Primus AW and Computrekker AW] with just some gear in (weighing a lot less than 20kg) and I did notice the weight and discomfort. Hence a reason I'm looking at ThinkTank (I've heard good things about them).

Comment

Working...
            X