Giottos MTL9351B Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giottos MTL9351B Tripod

Has anyone got the Giottos MTL9351B Tripod?

I am thinking of getting one, mainly because of the height.

If you have one is it any good?
    Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Re: Giottos MTL9351B Tripod

Gitzo are owned by the same people (Vitec in the U.K.) as Manfrotto (I believe both manufacture in Italy), I wasn't aware Giottos had a connection (I think they are Taiwanese and manufacture in China)?

Sorry, can't help further, while I have a small Giottos head that I was happy with until I changed to using a quick-connection system my main tripod is from the other G people. I did use to endlessly confuse them before then though.
    Last edited by DrJon; 13-10-2012, 20:00.

Comment

I have just got the MTL9351B with a MH 1300 Head, so far so good, it has got a great height on it, very sturdy, good levels of adjustment too, can set it a three different levels as it were, one really low, also tilting top section, great for macro as you can get the camera right up to your subject. Its not the lightest of tripods but very well made.
      Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Hi,
        After much searching I also settled on the Giottos MTL8361B, can't fault it at all, rock steady, carbon, relatively light but carries 8Kg (1D Mk4 and 70-200 2.8L with the rucksack slung under the centre column soon adds weight). It’ll go virtually flat to the floor with the centre column out.
        Not the MTL9351B you’re asking about, but if you can find a local shop with both, go and have a play, you can’t beat having them in your hands before you make up your mind.
        Hope it helps.

Mark.

Comment

Really not trying to be argumentative, honest, but I believe Daymen are the U.K. distributors for Giottos and don't own them (see http://www.giottos.com/About.htm).

Giottos do make some stuff I like and not trying to knock them in the slightest. Brilliant value for money compared to the other G.

Comment

I have the Giottos MTL8361B and it's the best tripod I have owned.
            I have only used it in the back garden but everything about it is so nice.
            I used to have the Manfrotto Xpro which was also great but the Giottos is nicer (IMHO).
            It is carbon and has a nice feel about it.

I first ordered the MTL8351B by mistake but the height was not a high as I wished.
            I do not like using the centre-column to get to my regular height but use it only when needed.
            The MTL9351B is the same height as that MTL8351B which I returned.
            Max load on the MTL8351B/MTL9351B is 5kg whilst the MTL8361B (which I own) is 8kg load.
            Erecting the Giottos tripod is such a doddle, quick and easy.

I researched my Giottos MTL8361B and chose it over the other brands.
            Take a look at the Giottos site (Here) and look at the heights, weight and maximum loads.
            You will not be disappointed.
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I have the MTL8351B and MH1311 head and like it a lot, well made, sturdy and easy to adjust. I prefer it to a Manfrotto that I tried. Money no object I'd like a Gitzo but don't use it enough to justify the significant difference in cost.
              TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I have a Gitzo (GT2540LLVL, got it during their scrappage scheme to help with the sticker shock) but I'm still not sure about the rotational leg locks over lever ones, as you need to be sure they are all the way around. Never had a problem though. I would probably have bought the Carbon Manfrotto 055 Q90, perhaps the 4-section version, but a friend just bought the Alu version and didn't want to seem to one-up him, I quite liked the Neotec too, other than the weight.

I suspect the cheaper ones are nothing like proportionally worse to the cost difference, so perhaps 20% less good for half the price, just a case of finding something enough people say is good.

Comment

Giottos MTL9351B Tripod

I have a 9361B, along with a variety of other tripods, and think its a fabulous tripod for the money.

I like the flip-leg-locks, the multiway adjustable centre column (better than Manfrotto's single angle), the sturdy leg-angle locks, the mini toolkit, the stub centre column, in fact everything about it except the weight and the lack of foot-spikes as standard.
                  Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Working...
                  X