Strap for the M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strap for the M

One of the first things I always do when buying a new camera is change the strap - I hate branded straps, and generally prefer neoprene ones anyway. However, I'm not so sure it's that easy with the M. First of all, the strap mounting points are obviously different, and I'm not sure anyone makes a strap with native clip support. I finally managed to get a camera shop to show me the clips, and they appear to be a touch too narrow for normal straps. Now the supplied strap is quite smart, but it does say EOS on it, which I don't want - it makes the whole thing less discrete than I would prefer. So, does anybody know of a suitable alternative if I get myself one?
    Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Re: Strap for the M

I don't know of one yet, but I'm sure they will be along soon. Maybe some of the Canon compacts have this type of clip.

You could always turn the strap inside-out temporarily.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

You might have already considered this but will a USA OPtech neoprene strap fit...?

Comment

I'm not sure if Optech will have the 'special' strap fixing for the M as yet. There are some plain colour straps coming available, see here - Clicky
        Bob Turner
        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Illy View Post
          You might have already considered this but will a USA OPtech neoprene strap fit...?
          It was an Optech I was trying out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
            I'm not sure if Optech will have the 'special' strap fixing for the M as yet. There are some plain colour straps coming available, see here - Clicky
            Thanks, Bob. Interesting they're doing wrist straps, as well.The half case looks quite interesting, too.

Comment

Working...
            X