iPad and Live View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad and Live View

I have just bought an EOS 700D and I'm looking for an iPad LiveView app.

To give a little background information, one of my other hobbies is sitting in a nice warm, dry car in the middle of wet/dusty/snowy forests with a radio during motorsport events.

I combine this with my photography by (in the past) setting up my supermarket carrier bag covered EOS 20D on a tripod with a very cheap Chinese remote shutter control and just press the button when a car passes a preset point. I have no idea what the pictures will look like unless I get out of the car and view the pictures on the camera.

I'd like to use Live View on the EOS 700D to take this a level further - ideally I would have my iPad linked to the camera and use that in the car, but after several web searches I can't find a definitive answer to this.

One solution is to use my EOS Utility on MacBook Pro connected via a 5m USB lead - I know that will work because I've already tried it in a test situation, but I'd prefer to use my iPad if I can do it. I suspect I can use an Eye-Fi card to view the end result, but it's really LiveView I'm interested in. (I don't want to pay £300 for the wireless solution if I can help it!)

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jock; 22-05-2013, 07:48.
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Re: iPad and Live View

Have also looked for a similar fix but the only thing that comes close is Camranger - a separate box costing around $300 - not quite what you or I were looking for I suspect.
    The other app options need a wi-fi network to operate and that generally involves the use of a laptop which defeats the object of using the iPad.
    Still looking.

Gelert

Comment

Working...
    X