E3 to N3 adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 to N3 adaptor

After setting up my splash art kit ready for a session this afternoon, I realised the shutter release connection on the 7d is different to the 1100d connection. So I couldn't connect my splash art kit to the 7d.

I then realised I also couldn't connect my shutter release switch which I also bought for my 1100d.

After doing some research I then found you can get an E3 (female 2.5mm jack) to N3(3 point connector) adaptor. :)

This is also a cheap fix and saves buying another shutter release switch and cables.

Hope this helps someone else out.
    Chris
    Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Re: E3 to N3 adaptor

BTW which Splash Art kit do you have and what do you think of it? (mk II? Ultra III?)

Comment

I bought a Hahnel wired remote release for my 60D as it was a different connection to the one on my 5DMk II and it was supplied with both types of connector.

Comment

BTW which Splash Art kit do you have and what do you think of it? (mk II? Ultra III?)
        I have the mk II didn't even know there was an Ultra III, wow that is some kit. I'm quite happy with the mk II and getting some good results from it. Once you get the knack of the controls and where your drips are in the sequence of dropping then you start seeing the results.

I'm in the process of upgrading my kit and looking forward to getting back into it. I would love an Ultra III kit but i think SWMBO will put her foot down on that one.

I bought a Hahnel wired remote release for my 60D as it was a different connection to the one on my 5DMk II and it was supplied with both types of connector.
        Mine had a fixed wire connector. I've just ordered the adaptor so hopefully a cheap fix.
        Chris
        Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Thanks for the info - plus luckily Yorkshire is a fair way away from London so I'm probably safe from the fall-out from any impulse buys on your part :-)

Comment

Working...
          X