Wireless Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Remote

Hi everyone, i came across this on ebay.

I use a 7D. Next week my new phone and 10"tab should arrive (my first smartphone) with that jelly bean thingy on that Android platform.

If it works (or arrives from oz) am i correct in thinking it transmits files about like one of those £500 plus gadgets as well as giving remote control of the camera functions at distance. Or have i blown £60 like a big nooby.
    Cheers
    Pat

Re: Wireless Remote

I'm assuming that no one has responded because they don't want to break bad news.

The device you list will mimic EOS Utility, that requires a PC/Mac, running on an Android device. I don't think it will act as a WFT (wireless file transmitter) to a home network but you will be able to save files on your Android device. The major difference between this device and EOS Utility is that you won't need a cable between your camera and the phone/tablet.

I recently bought this app that appears to do the same as the device you refer to except that it does require the cable between camera and tablet/phone. It can be converted to wireless with the addition of one of these but they cost upwards of £40. The app only costs about £5 and works very well.
    Regards ,
    Norman

Comment

If you are only looking for file transfer from camera to tablet, have a look at an Eye-Fi card.

I use one in my 700D to transfer files to my iPad when I'm doing macro work. They aren't instant because I tend to shoot in RAW, but good enough for my purposes.

They don't give you remote control though.
      Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Indeed, I have an Eye-Fi card and it works for transfer to PC/Mac or Tablet but the software/hardware under discussion is mainly used for remote control.

Last edited by Norman; 14-02-2014, 12:11.
        Regards ,
        Norman

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, no bad news there as i still have the toys to play with.
          Regarding the eyefi cards, do they do them in cf or just sd ?

Comment

It's possible to get an SD to CF adaptor which works with the Eye-Fi cards.
            Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Hi Jock - a pal of mine used to have an adaptor. It was like a hollow CF card that the eye-fi card slid into. He felt it did not work very well. This was a few years ago so maybe the technology for it all has improved since then

David

Comment

Working...
              X