Advice on Timed release remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Timed release remote

Has anyone uses an alternative to Canon TC-80N3 Remote control, I cannot justify the price and wondering buying 3rd party one. Not sure which one works well with my 5D3 and my back up 350D, i know the connections are different and wonder they would provide or sell any adaptor to convert from one pin to 3 pin to interchange.

My budget is around £30.

Thanks
    Raj
    Raj
    Flickr

Re: Advice on Timed release remote

I bought a Shoot version on eBay for around £15, it does have shortcomings such as no on-off switch so the batteries drain over the course of a few months (I use a sliver of paper between the battery/terminal which I pull-out when I need to use it to combat this) and the outer cable sheath has pulled out of the flexible gaiter where it exits the handset due to being bent when stuffing it in my camera bag (I've put some insulating tape around that), but it works perfectly well for me.

You can buy N3 versions(3-pin) or E3 versions (jack-plug), or versions with interchangeable tips, or use a E3/N3 Adapter
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
      I bought a Shoot version on eBay for around £15, it does have shortcomings such as no on-off switch so the batteries drain over the course of a few months (I use a sliver of paper between the battery/terminal which I pull-out when I need to use it to combat this) and the outer cable sheath has pulled out of the flexible gaiter where it exits the handset due to being bent when stuffing it in my camera bag (I've put some insulating tape around that), but it works perfectly well for me.

You can buy N3 versions(3-pin) or E3 versions (jack-plug), or versions with interchangeable tips, or use a E3/N3 Adapter
      Thanks Steve, when i was searching did come across this one, being "YN" thought of placing an order, but just want to see if anyone owns one and used it.
      Raj
      Flickr

Comment

Ordered the Yongnuo MC-36 C3 timer control remote, will let you know how it performs.
        Raj
        Flickr

Comment

I am so please and would highly recommend this product if anyone is looking for one. I ordered this from hitechproduct on sunday night and got delivered on Tuesday morning, for £14 what a product!!, it feels so solid and fully functional nothing to say wrong about it and pleased that i have saved £100.
          Raj
          Flickr

Comment

Cheers for that Raj, I've been toying with getting an intervalometer!
            TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

You will not be disappointed Wayne, i have now ordered the convertor to use it with my backup 350D. Canon really need to think about pricing the accessory.
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

Hi Raj, have had my Yongnuo for a few Months and still not used it (computer issues) I have a few projects in mind, however they involve leaving the Camera unattended for quite a while, therefore was thinking about using the 350D, was that also you're reasons for using the 350D and could you tell me where you sourced the Convertor.

Doug.
                Cameras... 7D, 350D
                Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Doug, i have ordered the convertor from here, not received the item yet and will update here once i have tested it. I use my 350D for travel light and rough and i do not want to buy a another remote for occasional use.
                  Raj
                  Flickr

Comment

Cheers Raj, have ordered one.

Doug.
                    Cameras... 7D, 350D
                    Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                    Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

I bought another remote control or say cable release, but it is better than those 2, the one i bought allow me to trigger the camera without wires or cables, just place the receiver on the camera, and the transmitter is in my hand far from the camera and working in radio signal rather than IR, so i can be away from the camera within the specified allowed or working distance, but it is not cheap for most, i know the prices only in US dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tareq View Post
                        I bought another remote control or say cable release, but it is better than those 2, the one i bought allow me to trigger the camera without wires or cables, just place the receiver on the camera, and the transmitter is in my hand far from the camera and working in radio signal rather than IR, so i can be away from the camera within the specified allowed or working distance, but it is not cheap for most, i know the prices only in US dollar.
                        The radio ones are extremely useful, but they don't give you the intervalometer features of the timed releases, so for what the OP is looking for - something to take pictures when he's not near the camera - they're no good.
                        Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Just to update as promised, i have received the convertor today and it works as it should be. Hope it will be useful for some one looking to do the same.
                          Raj
                          Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X