Camera Bag - Safe Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Bag - Safe Transport

I've recently purchased a few new lenses so I am looking for two camera bags.

I need one camera bag to safely transport all of my kit in the boot of a car (the kit is linked in my signature and will soon include the 100mm macro lens).

I need a second bag, preferably a shoulder bag, to carry my DSLR and a couple of lenses. I can find a few bags that fit this criteria but I'm unable to gauge from the details whether my lenses would actually fit. Ideally it needs to hold a combination of lenses, the largest of which would be the 70-200mm f2.8 lens.

Budget: I'm not fussed, I'll pay for quality when needed.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    My Camera Bag: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Mark II, Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM, Canon 400mm f/5.6L USM
    My Software: Windows 8.1 Update, Lightroom 5, Photoshop CC, Photomatix Pro

My Flickr

Re: Camera Bag - Safe Transport

I like both Lowepro (link) and Tamrac (link) bags/cases. Both sites have a "bag finder" which is useful.
    I use a Tamrac Pro8 for camera and lens, spare battery, memory cards, filters etc..
    I also use a Lowepro Toploader Pro to transfer camera and one lens to when one lens is enough.

hope the links are useful
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks.

The Tamrac site opened up with the Apache 6 bag on the front page and that actually looks like or might be suitable for carrying my DSLR and a couple of my lenses.
      My Camera Bag: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Mark II, Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM, Canon 400mm f/5.6L USM

My Flickr

Comment

Spooky - I was looking at the Apache 6 yesterday in a local store. Have to say I was impressed.

I'm looking for a new bag myself - I want a shoulder-bag and preferably one that doesn't shout "CAMERA BAG"!

I had a short-list of 2 up until yersterday: The Lowepro Event Messenger 50 & ThinkTank Retrospective 50 - the latter being favourite. Then the Apache leapt onto my list.

One problem is trying to find a store that has them all in stock so you can do a direct comparison.

I think they'll all hold my CSC and 3 lenses, memory cards/batteries, iPad, Kindle & Bose NC headphones for travelling.

IMO, the ThinkTank is the best made and the Lowepro looks most like a "camera bag". I need to take a closer look at the Tamrac though.

Comment

I too like the look of the Apache 6 bag, it's new for 2014.

Sells for £99.00 which is not bad when you have expensive gear inside.
          Price is about the same everywhere.

flickr

Comment

Morris Photo are in Chipping Norton and they had a huge range of camera bags in stock when I last visited. They are in a warehouse on a trading estate and so have loads of room for stock. And, no, I have no relationship with them, just a satisfied customer.

Scott
            Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Hi

A while ago I bought on of these from Amazon. It's like a Billingham / Koolertron. Very well made, sturdy, roomy, and comes with removable inserts to hold your gear. £30. Sorted!

Mike
              flickr
              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Having had a good look through the options I am settled on the Apache 6. :)

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by The Heff View Post
                  Having had a good look through the options I am settled on the Apache 6. :)
                  Looks good

flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X