Menory cards, that old one again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menory cards, that old one again

it does seem the consensus is smaller is better although 8 would be a little too small for me. I'm going to run with 32gb cards ans see if I can find a deal on buying 4 or 5
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I use 16gb for the same reasons as Muscat and also use 7day CF & SD card holders. I just think 16gb is less to lose if the card does happen to go bad.
      David

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        it seems dropping one in each slot and using one as a back up should the main one fail or gets full is common practice - the question is which one is going to be my work horse ;o) ... I'm favoring CF and running with 32gb cards and probably buy 3 as this should give about 3000 photos - the reason I'm asking this is I'm planning a trip to Africa for 2 weeks in January 3000 -14 days 214 a day, could be tight ;o)
        January 3000? - only another 986 years to go.

Comment

I always carry two CF cards (16 and 32GB).

As they take up no space I was pleased when I discovered another couple in a drawer at home as they could also be tucked into the bag for emergencies but this was short lived when I spotted they were 32 and 16 MB respectively - that's megabyte so insufficient for even one RAW + jpeg image. They must be left over from my first digital camera whose sensor boasted an impressive 640k (but probably still cost as much as a current GB versions). How times and technology change.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
            January 3000? - only another 986 years to go.
            Lol we're did that 3000 come from lol.....odd
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
            X