Buying from china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying from china

As it is virtually impossible to support British manufacturing industry these days, especially in the photographic world, my conscience usually persuades me to at least support the home retail industry. It is frequently painful in the pocket, but I do find that provided I am prepared to invest a little time in shopping around the pain can be mitigated to some extent.
    Each to their own is a great British tradition, but every pound spent with overseas retail business is a pound totally lost to the UK economy.
    Paul's posting above is an example of a trader who often gets my business.
    Quentin

Comment

I have no qualms about buying from abroad when I think of the waste of our taxpayers money being sent to corrupt governments overseas. This is millions, not pounds, lost to this country.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
        Hi Sean.

I had an email from Park Cameras telling me about their clearance sale and they seem to have a lot of tripods on there!, might be worth having a look at their prices first.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll look now, good on ya mate.

Update, just checked out Park and their prices are as near as damn it the same as uk prices, thanks anyway Paul.

Sean.
        Last edited by SheffSean; 12-12-2014, 11:51. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by SheffSean View Post
          Thanks Paul, I'll look now, good on ya mate.

Update, just checked out Park and their prices are as near as damn it the same as uk prices, thanks anyway Paul.

Sean.
          No Problem Sean worth a look.

Here's the link to their clearance list for anybody else that might want to have a browse!

Paul

Shop for camera deals with some of the best camera offers available including camera offers online and photography offers from all leading photography brands
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks again Paul, checked out the clearance list and there's some really good stuff up for grabs.

Sean.

Comment

Mmm, their clearance list - one item stands out to me
              Canon EF 24-70 f4L - refurbished (in other words (usually), a faulty one that has been repaired) for only £699 - that's £30 dearer than getting a brand new, unused one from Wex (after cashback of course).

Sorry for the moan, but some companies really crack me up with their "cheap" claims.
              Regards
              Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
              7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
              24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

they work on they assumption people don't do there research - me even when out shopping in real shops I'll check the online price before buying - although the wife does get a bit annoyed when checking out the best baked beans price ;o)
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                X