Canon ET-65B lense hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon ET-65B lense hood

I'm looking for one of these to fit to my recently purchased (2nd hand) Canon 70-300 F4/5.6 IS USM lense. The Canon ones are very expensive (£35) compared to the cheap ones (£2.37+delivery) from Ebay which are "compatible".

My question is: does anyone have experience of the cheap ones and are they actually just as good as the Canon ones or just rubbish to be avoided?

I guess in photographic terms this must sound like real penny-pinching, but I can't afford to waste hard earned money.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Re: Canon ET-65B lense hood

Originally posted by rob berry View Post
    I'm looking for one of these to fit to my recently purchased (2nd hand) Canon 70-300 F4/5.6 IS USM lense. The Canon ones are very expensive (£35) compared to the cheap ones (£2.37+delivery) from Ebay which are "compatible".

My question is: does anyone have experience of the cheap ones and are they actually just as good as the Canon ones or just rubbish to be avoided?

I guess in photographic terms this must sound like real penny-pinching, but I can't afford to waste hard earned money.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
    I've used the "cheap" Ebay hoods on my 100 - 400, 70 - 200 2.8 L is and now the 70 - 300 L is lens's (I used white 3rd party lens hoods) and have had no problems whatsoever! I did try a comparison with the OE and cheap hoods on my 100 - 400 to see if I was getting flair worse and couldn't see any noticeable difference, Hope this helps?

Comment

Thanks dobedogg - appreciate you taking the time to provide advice - Ebay here I come then :-)

Comment

Before eBay, try and get a copy of the latest EOS Magazine, with the accessories supplement, and you will find some alternatives. Or, check out the EOS Magazine shop here - Clicky
        Last edited by Bawbee; 06-04-2015, 16:50.
        Bob Turner
        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bob

Comment

Just make sure that if you buy a cheep one, that the inside of the lens hood has a matt coating as they can cause reflections.

John

Comment

Thanks for the advice John - will do.

Comment

Working...
              X