Recommend a good battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a good battery?

Please could someone recommend a good 3rd. party battery & where to buy it from for a 50d. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am new to the forum so please forgive me!
    Regards Eddie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Recommend a good battery?

No forgiveness needed, we are all here to help each other.

Most of us consider the best source for a 3rd party battery is 7dayshopcom.

It also seems best to stay away from cheap Ebay sources - some of them seem to be dangerous and catch fire.

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Second the 7dayshop.com I bought 2 for my 50D and they last longer than the Canon original and cost about £11 each

Comment

Another for 7dayshop.com. I used to use them in my 40D and they were as good as the Canon original and a lot cheaper.

Comment

Thank you for the help guys! I am glad I asked now, as I was all ready to buy them from ebay!! 7dayshop here I come....
          Regards Eddie.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

7dayshop.com seems to be popular. Are they reliable for overseas postage - e.g Poland? Can you get most of your batteries from them?
            Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
              7dayshop.com seems to be popular. Are they reliable for overseas postage - e.g Poland? Can you get most of your batteries from them?
              I think that you will find that they won't ship to you. They won't ship to me in Spain, or certainly they wouldn't when I asked about a year ago. However, http://mymemory.co.uk will and they are similarly priced and in the Channel Islands. There is also another supplier from there that will ship overseas BUT unfortunately I can't remember their name for now. :(
              Last edited by Colin; 08-09-2010, 06:40.
              --
              Colin
              http://fotos-espana.com
              http://macameraclub.com
              http://turnspain.com

Comment

Now bought a couple from the 7 day shop & they were no more expensive than the crap ones on ebay!
                Regards Eddie.

Comment

I just brought 4 for my 40d from 7 day shop cost me less then £20.00..will try them out at the weekend....and there silver....nice and shinny.

Coda
                  There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Tried them out after a full charge,,,they seem to last longer..im quite pleased with them.

Coda
                    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

As far as batteries are concerned, I will not buy them on Ebay and esp ones made in China. I had one which blew my house main fuse, whilst charging and the other one blew up in my face whilst charging.
                      The 7 day shop is your best bet. I am happy with their batteries.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I have always boughtfrom Digi-quick.com for EOS cameras i have had 1D.350D,40D never had any prolems eith them.
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Edd1e View Post
                          Now bought a couple from the 7 day shop & they were no more expensive than the crap ones on ebay!

And I bet the crap ones smell a bit too..

This thread answered my first question, will be ordering this afternoon.

Comment

Hi,

How sppedy is the delivery? I have ordered a spare today for a photography course on Saturday. Hopefully it will arrive but as you guys have already used these, thought id ask!

Comment

Originally posted by grjones View Post
                              Hi,

How sppedy is the delivery? I have ordered a spare today for a photography course on Saturday. Hopefully it will arrive but as you guys have already used these, thought id ask!
                              Mine took 3 days to arrive, so I would guess you will get them on Thursday (assuming you live in the UK)
                              Regards Eddie.

Comment

Working...
                              X