Interface cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interface cable

Wheres the best place to get a compatable interface cable around the fifteen feet mark for a 1000d?

Re: Interface cable

Originally posted by ruddles View Post
    Wheres the best place to get a compatable interface cable around the fifteen feet mark for a 1000d?
    Actualy what I wanted to know was are non canon data transfer cables okay to use, the canon cables seem a tad expensive

Comment

I am assuming that you are referencing a USB data transfer cable as I do not have a 1000d.

If this is the case then for my 50d I use any USB cable that happens to be to hand and have had no issues therefore I would assume that provided you can get a long cable and do not suffer too much data speed loss due to the length you should be OK but I will let the other members also chip in with their opinions.

Comment

Thanks Muscat, I'm new to all this and a bit scared of buggering up my camera by asssuming things. I'm in love with tethered shooting of product and the data transfer cable that comes with the 1000d is only about four feet long. When I bought the camera the girl in Jessops said that she couldn't advise on non canon assessories etc and this made me wonder whether there may be duff stuff out there or not.I just want to make sure it's okay to use other stuff or/and what to avoid.

Comment

PCWorld - look for Belkin USB cable extenders - if 1 isn't enough you can strap two together.
          ef-r

Comment

Working...
          X