OP/Tech Pro Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP/Tech Pro Straps

Any thoughts on these?? I'm looking for something to replace the supplied strap for my 7D. Must be comfortable and above all safe...
    EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Re: OP/Tech Pro Straps

Ian,

I have them on both my main bodies (5DII & 1DsII). Excellent for comfort and value.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Yep, agree with Bob, best straps I've ever used, have them on all my camera bodies.
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Nothing better, it seems to half the weight of your equipment.

I have them on three bodies and my two big tele's.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Another vote for them, excellent. My son borrowed my 40D with it on and promptly went out and bought one for his own camera.
          --
          Colin
          http://fotos-espana.com
          http://macameraclub.com
          http://turnspain.com

Comment

I have one on my 7D ... and it's wonderful.

First thing I do with a new body ... discard the Canon standard issue strap.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
              First thing I do with a new body ... discard the Canon standard issue strap.
              Commonly called: "The Cheesewire Cutter".

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Another vote for the Op/Tech straps... I won't be going back now - even if I get to strut with a 5DII strap at some stage :smile:
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Optech give you a choice of two... so now I am confused... which one guys ???? Optech Pro or Optech Pro Loop

David
                  David

Comment

Hi David;

I think the 'Loop' straps are fairly new...They're designed for smaller strap-brackets where getting a standard strap through the bracket is tight...

They look robust enough, but I have the regular standard straps... I don't think I'd worry about attaching them (loop straps) to a regular body; but I wonder if there's a recommended weight limit for them???

Cheers...
                    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks C-F.
                      Their web site is not really that helpful as both appear to be very similar. The Pro Loop is about £1 dearer which in the scheme of things is nothing and doesn't give a "clue" as to which is better. It appears that they both have the same "loop" system to attach to the camera body.
                      I have a 50D with my heaviest lens being the 100-400.

David

EDIT: had another closer look at the Optech site and can now see the difference in the two. It is just that they use the same photo of the two types together. The loop does have a loop of parachute type cord (according to the US site video) whereas the Pro has the strap to attach to the camera.
                      Last edited by djguk47; 27-10-2010, 12:08.
                      David

Comment

In the normal course of events, it doesn't matter which one you use but, I have found that if you use the loop, you can also easily fit the Canon handstrap E1.

So I use the standard strap on my tele lenses and loops on my bodies.

Colin
                        Colin

Comment

Take care with the UTX Stealth style buckles (those plastic clip things). They a) can come undone and b) the webbing can slip .... next time you see a member of the armed forces wearing his/her PLCE ... note that they may have replaced some Stealth buckles with traditional ones.

btw - I've had both a) [nearly lost Nikon F5] and b) [nearly lost my trousers] happen.

My latest Op/Tech is the one without the Stealth style buckles.

Comment

Thanks for that guys, seems like a resounding vote for the OP/Tech Pro Strap... ordered today...
                            EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

OK Guy's an OP/Tech Pro Strap? I wonder if this is what I've been looking for? Is this a strap which wraps around the hand/wrist or another neck one? maybe an uploaded picture can help.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X