Twin battery chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin battery chargers

So now I'm carrying two camera, each with two batteries, I need to think about charging solutions. The new camera batteries allegedly take over 2 hours each to recharge, which is a bit of a nuisance if they have to be charged in sequence, and the old one uses a different charger. It would be nice if I could carry a single charger which will do two batteries at a time of either type.

The questions is, does anyone have any experience of, or recommendations for anything that will do the job? This month's Practical Photography refers to the Hahnel powerstation V pro which appears it may be suitable, for a reasonably hefty £50+ price tag.

Advice and suggestions gratefully received.
    Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Re: Twin battery chargers

You say charged in ‘sequence’. Does this mean you only have access to one powerpoint as surely you can charge them concurrently (side by side). Or are you after just carrying a single charger?

The Hahnel looks the business … but I wonder if it will charge third party batteries? As many of these can’t be charged with the Canon charger.

Comment

Just carrying the one charger, except that's now one charger per battery type if I take both cameras. I'm looking for something that will take two at a time of either battery type then I just need to take one item away with me and I can halve the charging time.

The new camera has two original Canons, the other has one Canon and one 3rd party. Charging it in the standard charger has never been a problem.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

The Duracell is a third party battery that needs a special charger - Duracell EOS 7D Battery. So one for you to avoid Woolley ... like I have.

Comment

Don't know who made the one I have for the 400D. I bought it from PicStop and I can't spot any noticeable difference from the original. It seems to charge the same and produce the same duration of power and has been perfectly happy in the grip alongside the Canon.

As I say, I have two Canon originals for the 7D as Warehouse Express were shipping a free spare with the camera.

Comment

I have the Hahnel, it does the job! When I contacted them ( Hahnel ) for an adaptor for a different battery type than the one supplied they sent me an adaptor plate free of charge!
            I would therefore heartily recommend the unit.

Comment

Working...
            X