External live view monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External live view monitor

Can someone recommend an external live view monitor that's compatible with my 550d?

Doesn't necessarily have to be wireless ( I'd use my iPad ideally!!! ) but perhaps connect to the hotshoe, and basically just give me a larger version of live view instead of using the built in 3in screen.

Ideally a 7 - 9in monitor would be spot on but I'm struggling to find one on the Internet. Any ideas folks?
    Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by lashboy; 20-02-2011, 22:05.

Re: External live view monitor

If you are happy to have a cable and use your iPad can you not use some of the Canon remote management SW, I know it is shipped with some of the cameras but not sur eif it comes with the 550d

Comment

Usb to laptop/netbook - bigger screen the better
      ef-r

Comment

As above ............ I just plug into EOS utility and use the live view mode ..........
        Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Yeah I'd considered the laptop, and if indoors it's a great solution. I've got eos utility of course as well as dslr remote pro.

However it's not so practical outdoors due to having to use extended USB cabling, as well as needing a tripod or stand for the laptop, weight, battery and so on.

Currently there's no way to do this with an iPad either unless it's through a network and with a laptop which is a bit daft.

If I had a good sized external monitor running off the hotshoe then I reckon that would be a better solution?

Comment

Working...
          X