Hot Shoe Spirit Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Shoe Spirit Level

My regular email from 7dayshop produced this little gadget today. For the price it looks worth a punt.

Deva
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: Hot Shoe Spirit Level

I can't comment on the one from 7dayshop but I find a hot shoe spirit indispensable when doing landscape work. I was originally using a 2 axis spirit level but recently change to a 3 axis one, which means I don't have to reposition it when the camera is in the portrait position.

Comment

Save your money. This is expensive.

I use the three axis Hama level (Green Cube). Cant beat £5.99 inc delivery.

Received mine in 5 days from HK. I have bought many items from this guy, lens hoods, remotes etc. No problems and very very much cheaper than UK and free postage. Thats more than you can say from UK photo shops that charge a minimum of £2.50 just for postage.

Brilliant and the same one seem in Trey Ratcliff (www.stuckincustoms.com) videos

Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Comment

Agree with Malkie that it is expensive compared to the spirit level ones, also available from 7 day shop, but it would be good for night shots, although at night I usually have a torch, when I remember, and shine it on the el cheepo spirit level.... job done !!!
        Would take up more space in the "gadget bag".

David
        David

Comment

I have one which is lost at the bottom of the bag as my 7D has one built in

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Quite like my Hot Shoe compared to the green cube as I do not have to look over the top of my Camera to see the display lights, a high power drain but there is a power saving setting, a spare battery is included!
            And compared to others on the market not too expensive

Woodshaper
            Think WHY, BEFORE you TRY!
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

550D, 40D, EF 24-105 IS, 70-300 IS L, EF 100 F2.8, EF 50mm 1.8, SIGMA 10-20/17-70, KENKO X1.4 EXTENDER, MANFROTTO 190XPROB, 496 HEAD, SPEEDLITE 430 EX

Comment

And don't forget that 7dayshop doesn't charge postage.

Deva
              EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

True, they also sell Lens Shades and filters at very reasonable prices!
                Think WHY, BEFORE you TRY!
                __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

550D, 40D, EF 24-105 IS, 70-300 IS L, EF 100 F2.8, EF 50mm 1.8, SIGMA 10-20/17-70, KENKO X1.4 EXTENDER, MANFROTTO 190XPROB, 496 HEAD, SPEEDLITE 430 EX

Comment

Working...
                X