Benbo wrestling....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benbo wrestling....

Have had a Benbo Trekker tripod for many years but it has had little use. The simple ball and socket head needs screwing to the camera, making the supporting arm heavy. This seems to make it liable to crash down taking camera with it when trying to arrange and tighten the strange contraption.
    However, at the recent Focus on Imaging I saw a quick release adapter, and having purchased one from Speed Graphics I can now set the tripod up roughly as I want it, tighten the bolt, and then attach the camera.
    But, can't find the instructions or any guide to the many imaginative ways of using Benbos - it is rather like wrestling with a three legged octopus (!). Can anyone who uses one give me any hints??
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Benbo wrestling....

Sorry I can't help Chris.

I was very tempted by the Benbo many years ago and it has the reputation of the most versatile and annoying tripods ever.

Thankfully, carbon fibre was invented, so Manfrotto got my custom.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Hi Chris. Sorry I do not use a benbo, but it appears you are not alone in wrestling with one! Most people think it's a cross between an octopus and bagpipes!

The following links have some info, but it's sparse... I only Googled 'Benbo instructions', so you have probably seen these anyway!

how to use a benbo tripod

more people moaning about benbos!

some additional links to other sites - might be worth looking, might not!

Seems like a bit of a marmite tripod!

Good luck! All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks for the answers and the links - looking at those reinforces my view that the Benbo is incredibly versatile but can be a bit risky to set up, particularly if it has the weight of a camera on it.
        Look forward to doing some more wrestling....
        Cheers, Chris.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Working...
        X