Spare battery for 7D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare battery for 7D

Hi folks, I'm looking for a spare battery for my 7D. I find it very confusing when searching to know what is good or bad, and was looking at just buying an OE unit, but though I'd ask here for recommendations.

I will be getting a grip for the camera at some point soon, but would like a battery sooner.

The only one that stands out at the moment is....

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=111836

Any recommendations.

Also absolutely loving the 7D. Major learning curve but getting to grips and looking to get out and about this week if the weather improves.

Thanks, John

Re: Spare battery for 7D

Just remember Canon batteries are chipped, third party batteries may not be and will be unable to take advantage of all the information the chip provides. The 7day shop ones sound a good price though, it just depends on how they perform.
    del

Comment

Thanks for that.

Anyone recently purchased an OEM battery? Where is the best place to buy? Best prices on e-blag seem to be in the £52-56 range.

Comment

I bought my genuine Canon LP-E6 battery for the 7D from Amazon for £47.99.

I hope it helps.

Comment

Have 4 of the 7day shop batteries - they work fine, batt info works exacty the same as the canon.

The only small cirt on the 7day batteries is they haven't got the yellow protective base covers, a minor quip and easy to solve.
          4 Batteries for £40 odd quid V 1 canon for near £60. Sorry Canon, you're 'aving a laugh !

I have paid this 'mug tax' in the past to the tune of £ hundreds, no more :-)

Trev

Comment

I have a 7dayshop battery for a 1 series and it works fine.

There is no difference in performance between the original batteries supplied, spare Canon ones I purchased, or the 7dayshop one. My batteries are numbered and rotated in turn and in use, I can't tell whether it is Canon or not.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Thanks folks.

Much appreciated.

Comment

I have two original 7D batteries and two 7 Day shop ones. They work as well as each other apart from the 7 Day ones not registering correctly when a grip is used. No problems in real use but I have not tried using one from each type simultaneously.
                Ron

www.severnvalephoto.co.uk

Cameras: 5D, 7D, 1DmkIV, G1X.
                Lenses: 16-35 F2.8 L, 24-105 F4 LIS, 70-300 LIS, 180 L macro, 200 F2.8 L, 400 F2.8 LIS mkII.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  I have a 7dayshop battery for a 1 series and it works fine.

There is no difference in performance between the original batteries supplied, spare Canon ones I purchased, or the 7dayshop one. My batteries are numbered and rotated in turn and in use, I can't tell whether it is Canon or not.

Colin
                  exactly the same as Colin...7day shop-no probs.
                  hh

Comment

Working...
                  X