Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Battery for Canon 550D

Hi Guys

Not wanting to pay the cost for the original Canon battery for my 550D, can anyone suggest good relacement batteries that they have used and are pleased with.

many thanks

Graham

Re: Replacement Battery for Canon 550D

7 day shop...every bit as good as canon at a fraction of the cost. If u want to pay a bit more try duracell on Amazon

Comment

Yes, 7 day shop is very good. I buy all my batteries from them and have never been disappointed.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Guys

Ihave just ordered 2 batteries from them for my Canon 550D.
        They cost me £13.18 total

Graham

Comment

A bit late, as you've already bought them, but 7 day shop for me too!

I've been using them for about a year, on the battery grip for my 550D, and I can't fault them... they keep on going and going! I have noticed I don't get too much warning of them being low, they seem to say full power, then a brief stint at slightly lower, then too low, but at the price, no real issues.

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

With reference to this thread - Clicky - would you folks not class these third-paty grips as being 'grey' imports, or more likely, 'fakes', as it is more than probable that they are neither licensed nor authorised by Canon?
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I would say 3rd party supplied.

Again provided they are sold by UK businesses they are covered by the sale of goods act which includes provision for 'fit for pupose'. IE if it doesn't do the job you get your money back

This non OEM supply is again well established in the motor trade - I doubt that if you go to, say, Kwik Fit, whether you will buy anything made by the cars manufacturer or even approved by tem.

The warning is still the same - buy from abroad at your own risk.
              ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                With reference to this thread - Clicky - would you folks not class these third-paty grips as being 'grey' imports, or more likely, 'fakes', as it is more than probable that they are neither licensed nor authorised by Canon?
                The OP was asking about spare batteries, not a battery grip, so I'm not sure why this is mentioned! Is this a continuation from another thread?
                I'd agree with Brian, they are 3rd party, non-OEM supplied batteries, and 7 Day Shop are very well established and reputable.

All the best, mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Another vote for 7 Day Shop.
                  EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Yes Mike, you are correct, I 'muxed-ip' my threads, sorry.
                    Bob Turner
                    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

No Probs - easy to do! :smile:
                      flickr

Comment

get a grip man

Comment

Working...
                        X