CF Card from www.memorybits.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF Card from www.memorybits.co.uk

Has anyone had any dealings with www.memorybits.co.uk before?

I am thinking of ordering the following CF Card:

Kingston 16GB Ultimate 266x CompactFlash HIGH SPEED Memory Card

WAS £37.79
    ONLY £15.99
    Free shipping within the UK
    Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Re: CF Card from www.memorybits.co.uk

Amazon are doing the same card for £17.49.
    I have no experience of memorybits.

Comment

Thanks for that. I'd rather deal with Amazon as I have never had any problems with them in the past.
      Colin

Comment

7Dayshop are also doing the same card for £17.49 http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/defa...go=SEARCH&comp= so if one runs out you have a choice

Comment

Thanks Muscat, I have ordered it from Amazon but nice to see I have a choice of places to buy it from.
          Colin

Comment

I also use Amazon for memory cards, genuine cards, good price and quick delivery.

Comment

Kingston 16GB Ultimate 266x CompactFlash HIGH SPEED Memory Card
              I have 2 of these, they seem very slow - 20 mins ++ to transfer a full card to PC.
              That can be such a bore.

When I got this card I mentioned the fact that you only get 14 odd gig of storage when the card is formatted (for boring technical reasons)

Still 550 ish images on a 18 Mpix camera that's the up side :-)

I've stopped buying from 7 day shop, I had a bad experience. :-(

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                I have 2 of these, they seem very slow - 20 mins ++ to transfer a full card to PC.
                That can be such a bore.
                I transfer a full 16Gb (x300) CF card in less than a minute.
                The slow speed may be down to a slow card reader. I use a Sandisk firewire CF card reader and about to order a Sandisk USB 3.0 (three) multi-card reader.
                I also have a built-in card reader on my printer which is deadly slow, I use it for the other half's SD cards, it is so slow that I can cook a meal in less time.

Comment

I transfer a full 16Gb (x300) CF card in less than a minute.
                  The slow speed may be down to a slow card reader. I use a Sandisk firewire CF card reader and about to order a Sandisk USB 3.0 (three) multi-card reader.
                  Come to think of it Stephen it must be my reader, I've got a new PC recently and I've been using the reader in the front that.
                  I think that's when the probs started.

Will try a new one tomorrow. Thanks, that's a pint I owe you Stephen :-)

Trev

Comment

BTW I like the Lexar USB3 CF/SD reader, which also works on USB2, although if you don't have USB3 buying a card is very cheap (as long as you have a free PCI Express slot in your computer, they're the about an inch and a half long slots on the motherboards of recent computers).
                    John

Comment

Come to think of it Stephen it must be my reader
                      I had that very thing a couple of years ago.

Built-in slot must have been USB1 and I loaded a full card and it took 73mins to load ................. enough time to have a cuppa, three course lunch, mow the lawns, clean the car, paint the house etc. I sort of took it for granted and bought faster cards, but didn't notice much difference. Then I bought a new card and a Sandisk reader, filled the card up and did a test. Through the computer slot, 73 mins. Through the Sandisc reader and a USB2 connection, 7 minutes. Or, barely enough time to bew a cup of tea.

Colin

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Thanks, that's a pint I owe you Stephen :-)
                        Noted in my little book
                        Originally posted by DrJon View Post
                        BTW I like the Lexar USB3 CF/SD reader, which also works on USB2,
                        I looked at that one John but I also have micro-SD in my phone so the multi-reader would be better for me.
                        I have USB 3.0 on my computer (self-built) and USB 3.0 is faster than my firewire reader, which is faster than USB 2.0.
                        Originally posted by colin C View Post
                        I had that very thing a couple of years ago.
                        Built-in slot must have been USB1 and I loaded a full card and it took 73mins to load ................. enough time to have a cuppa, three course lunch, mow the lawns, clean the car, paint the house etc. I sort of took it for granted and bought faster cards, but didn't notice much difference. Then I bought a new card and a Sandisk reader, filled the card up and did a test. Through the computer slot, 73 mins. Through the Sandisc reader and a USB2 connection, 7 minutes. Or, barely enough time to bew a cup of tea.
                        We all live and learn, it does not matter how fast the CF card is if the reader is slow.

Comment

I have a Lexor reader - UDMA for the CF and USB 2.0 for the SD card. These top quality readers are not expensive - but they get a lot of work so not worth skimping on.
                          ef-r

Comment

Getting back to the OP's original question... I've used MemoryBits a few times now and have been very pleased.
                            Everything about them reminds me of 7DayShop. Their goods come from the Channel Islands as well, although they are from Jersey and 7DayShop are from Guernsey.

Comment

Working...
                            X