One book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One book

If you knew you were going to be alone for 30 days in a cabin or on an island or whatever and would have everything you need to live plus your camera and one photography book to read when you aren't sleeping or shooting what's your one absolutely must have over any other photography book?

Re: One book

Ansel Adams: 400 Photographs

Tom

Comment

Probably a really big coffee table book so there would be lots of paper for fire starting.

The books I've most liked in the last few years are the Missing Manual guide to CS6 and Syl Arena's Speedliter's Handbook, both of which I haven't read all of, so one of those (depending on whether I have a flash/computer). I'm not sure a non-technical book would last as long.

Comment

There are so many good ones ..... but if I really can have only one then it would have to be "Photographs 1955 - 2010" by John Blakemore - truly about the 'Art' of photography
        Chris

My Website

Comment

Hmmm, my initial instinct would be Eric Hosking's Birds, which got me into wildlife photography, but as I know every photo and piece of text, I would be better served with the latest Photoshop manual.
          Colin

Comment

Forever Light by Sarah Marino - it's an ebook but one of the best buys for a keen landscape photographer thinking of photographing in Iceland. No rubbish about how a camera works etc but instead long lists of great sites including map coordinates, info on what might be best to shoot in which month, how to visit the place on the cheap, etc. I only wish she did one for the UK !!
            James
            James Boardman Woodend
            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by NickM; 11-07-2014, 01:00.
              I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X