Ladies Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies Day.

Been to ladies day at the races. I think I was the only person with a camera, everyone seemed to be using phones to take their photos. Mind you, when your trying to get your things into a clutch bag three times smaller than your normal bag, I can well understand.

Taken with a A480.

Didn't do bad got some Winners, seconds and thirds. Some in the same race, glad I booked each way.
    Last edited by DeeGee; 16-09-2013, 19:22.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Ladies Day.

Well done Di and it's nice you got a return on your investments.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Tom

Comment

Well done Di,
        Were was the racing taking place,did you take any shots of those funny(I mean nice) hats you ladies wear!

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Nice set Di ... shot 2 is brill ...
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Good set Di.

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Some good shots there, to keep the viewer busy.

Papa.

Comment

Thanks all. Really enjoyed the day. Didn't get what I would call "decent" shots of hats, sorry.

Have to say think number two is my fave of the day, all those cameras, and then the girl with the phone.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

I like the pictures very much. Quite sharp, detailed and good colours. Well done.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Second for me also, captures the flavour of the day very well.
                      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les.

Confess in a way it was a weird day. I spent quite a bit of the day looking at press cameras and in some cases suffering severe camera and lens envy. I was shocked though when I saw when of the press photographers place his camera on the grass and leave it there. I don't leave mine on the floor, for some reason I had the impression that someone who earns a living from their camera wouldn't either, but you live and learn
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X