• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New G12 announced

What price the new G12?

Last edited by Illy; 14-09-2010, 15:37.

Re: New G12 announced

It's about £500 ....................... bloody typical, just bought a G11 !!!!
    Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Will hang on my G10 me thinks (but see below) ... couldn't tell if the G12 has returned to a solid metal construction (like the G10) or semi metal (G11) ??

However may look at the Panasonic LX-5 ... nice Leica optics ... will compare against G12 (and my G10 as reference) ... but likely I'll wait for the G13 or LX-7

Comment

It will be interesting to see how it compares with the Nikon P7000 - the sample pics I saw for that looked quite impressive.

Pity you can't put a 580EXii on top of it though :-(
        John

Comment

After looking at the specs for the G12, I don't think I'll be changing my G11 any time soon.

Comment

I'm with Glenn. I was disappointed with the G10 so changed it for a G11 at Focus in February and I love it. All the handling of the G10 with the added bonus (for me) of the flip-screen and much better IQ.
            I can't see anything on the G12 that makes me even think about changing.
            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

The buit-in HDR looks interesting.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                The buit-in HDR looks interesting.
                I had a look at that but TBH I don't fancy letting the camera decide how it generates the image. Although it will be interesting to see what the HDR mode can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                  I had a look at that but TBH I don't fancy letting the camera decide how it generates the image. Although it will be interesting to see what the HDR mode can do.
                  ... but may attract Joe Public.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                    ... but may attract Joe Public.
                    Indeed and that's what it's all about.

Comment

Price down to £370 now on Amazon....tempting!!!

Comment

I got a G12 a few weeks off of January this year and I have been pretty impressed by it. I was on a big dilemma choosing between this and some of the Lumix cameras but still went with the G12. I have used a G10 before from my friend and I liked its build quality and its capacity to take really good pictures. But I guess that is what you are to expect from a camera of this caliber. I would definitely suggest others this camera as this one is for the road.

Comment

Working...
                        X