what monitor should I get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what monitor should I get

My existing Dell 24" widescreen is gradually giving up the ghost with vertical lines appearing on the right hand side of the screen. As virtually all I do on the computer is photoediting what monitor can you recommend. the monitor needs to be 24" widescreen as a minimum and have good colour rendition. Obviously for a PC as I don't want to change to the mac because of the screen reflections off their big monitor.

Andre

Re: what monitor should I get

You could look at the Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor
    2560 x 1440 resolution think its the same panel thats fitted to the 27" Mac not cheap though @ £497.99

Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Thanks for this. A 27 inch is the way I want to go really and have been looking around on the web for ideas. there are so many brands that its difficult to pick the best for my use

ANdre

Comment

Most of the 27 inch are 1920 x1080 hd you want to be looking at the higher resolutions
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

what monitor should I get?
          I used to have a serious crush on Linda - the milk monitor in my senior school. She was lush! You could see if she's still around (from 1968)?

I have a Samsung P2450. It's 24inch - but them us boys love to brag. Mine is 1920x1080 and delivers the business very well. Cost about £250, I think.

I wonder what happened to Linda?

Comment

Originally posted by Macro Meister View Post
            I used to have a serious crush on Linda - the milk monitor in my senior school. She was lush! You could see if she's still around (from 1968)?

I have a Samsung P2450. It's 24inch - but them us boys love to brag. Mine is 1920x1080 and delivers the business very well. Cost about £250, I think.

I wonder what happened to Linda?
            Was that 'gold top' Linda from the valleys Rob?

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
              Was that 'gold top' Linda from the valleys Rob?
              Eesh! You clearly got in before me. It must have been that cat on your shoulder that did it for her?

Comment

Not the cheapest but designed for graphic art and photo editing look at the Asus ProArt range, I use a 23 inch model and find it the best monitor I have ever used.

Comment

The Asus proart looks good, its added to the list for further investigation

thanks guys

Andre

Comment

Dell U2713HM :-)

Bees knees - has a color gamut of more than 99% sRGB, maximum brightness of 350 cd/m2, grey-to-grey response time of 8ms, a 178/178-degree wide viewing angle, as well as an anti-glare coating

Comment

Working...
                    X