X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivanp
    replied
    Re: What computer

Having looked into the Mac Mini , it appears the graphics card is not supported by CS6 CC I would need to get a 21" Imac with a Nvidia Card

Looks like a PC Might be the cost effective option as i allready have a good Eizo monitor

Leave a comment:

• DrJon
    replied

It can be handy getting a Nvidia GPU with CUDA support as many photographic applications will use that to accelerate the processing. I don't know about Macs BTW plus it sounds like you're sorted so I'll leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• Ivanp
    replied

Thanks Mike and Steve

I have always had a Mac since the Mid 80 so it looks like i will carry on and get a mac I7

Just subscribed to Photoshop cc and lightroom so Mac Mini should fly
    Dont know about buying today tho but will check out the price

Thanks again
    Ivan

Leave a comment:

• mikep
    replied

This WAS me some months ago. I must say here, I'm an IT contractor, and have been for nearly 20 years!

After years on a PC, I went for a 27 inch iMac. I now use LR5, and my older PSE9, and LOVE IT!

I should have 'gone all Apple' years ago. As Steve says, tomorrow (Friday 29) is Apple's Black Friday day, where special deals can be had! Go on, you know you want to...

Mike

Leave a comment:

• S_J_P
    replied

Have to say I love my i7 Mac Mini and still revel in the Mac experience after running PC's for 30 years :)

The mini seems to be the bargain Mac (if there is such a thing!) and coupled with a decent 1920 screen it's fast and sexy, and tomorrow (Black Friday) there should be some good deals around :)

But - mobile i7's aren't as fast as pukka desktop i7's even at the same headline speeds so ultimately a desktop PC should be faster, but as OS-X and Mac software seems to get the best out of the hardware the difference may be indiscernible.

Leave a comment:

• Ivanp
    started a topic What computer

What computer

Hi all
    I am looking at buying a new PC for Photoshop and Lightroom use
    Not sure what to get
    Mac mini with i7 processor with my Eizo screen
    iMac 21. With i5
    Or a PC with a i7

Any comments
    welcome.