Internet Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer

I hope the computer expert members can advice me on this. I have found, since today,that I am unable to open Internet Explorer. I keep on getting the message that "IE is not responding" and keeps on opening and closing all the time. I tried to download another IE but I get the message "do you wish to save it" and nothing about Run ,continuing or download etc etc.
    I don't know whether other members have experienced IE problems today?

I am able to access my e-mails etc via windows mail and also by using the Firefox brower by entering my internet/e-mail provider's name on the search box.

Many thanks.

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Internet Explorer

Nat, I don't use IE, but I'd firstly save my bookmarks and then proceed to uninstall it (if you haven't already). Then download a fresh IE through Firefox and save it to your desktop. Then just run the install from the saved file.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

I'd advise against using IE these days, well until at least Spartan is out. I use Chrome and it's super duper.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks Andy and Paul for your quick reply. I do use firefox a lot and I also have got Chrome installed. But I tend to use firefox most times. Yes, I will do as you have suggested Andy and see what happens. I have also recently found the IE is quite unstable as even when I wish to check the prices of certain items on ebay, it tends to say that "ebay is not responding" etc. I then access ebay via firefox and I have no trouble at all.

Is the present IE as it is now, going out of date or should we said,as Paulstw says,wait for Spartan?

Thank you once again for your quick reply.

Nat
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I recommend Firefox too, although as Paul has mentioned, Spartan is to be the new kid on the block. From what I've read so far, it's getting very positive reviews. One to watch for sure.
          Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
          http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
          https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Andy, I am surprised to find that I do not have IE on my list of programs for me to uninstall, although I have the short cut to it and it did operate until this morning. Where will I find IE on the All programs list so that I can uninstall it? I am rather mystified that I can find all my other programs but not IE. Coiuld it come under another name. My computer is a HP Pavilion and I have windows vista installed. Any ideas?

Comment

its in control panel add remove programs and on the left hand side turn windows features on and off

but you cant fully uninstall it as its so closely integrated into windows that its a part of the operating system
              Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
                its in control panel add remove programs and on the left hand side turn windows features on and off

but you cant fully uninstall it as its so closely integrated into windows that its a part of the operating system
                Thats what I thought it was. It seems to be integrated into the operating system. Anyway this is not critical as it has always been a sort of fall back for me as I use Firefox and have also installed Chrome.

Comment

Apparently its integrated with Windows so you cant uninstall but you can turn it off:

Support for Internet Explorer 11 has ended on June 15, 2022. Make the switch to Microsoft Edge to experience the web in a whole new way.
                  Andy
                  Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                  EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                  [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thanks Andy. I now understand and an excellent link indeed.

Comment

I would park IE on one-side, and forget about it Nat.

It has always been a target for the 'hackers', simply because it comes with every Widows PC, and Microsoft fight a never ending battle to block the 'holes', hence the constant update 'patches'.

I gave up IE a longtime ago, and switched to Chrome, which continues to serve me well.

Dave
                      Dave

Comment

Quite right Dave. I have parked IE since this problem and use Firefox or Chrome but mainly Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                        X