the same but different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the same but different

as I mentioned elsewhere I have just suffered a total computer loss, my 8 year old i.mac died the death of the black screen and wasn't a viable repair ,I have removed the hard drive and hopefully will be able to access the old picture files at some point in the future .
    fast forwarding a few days and I am now up and running again on a much larger 27 inch i.mac with upgraded i7 processor and graphics and a solid state hard drive ,its blisteringly fast and zips through Lightroom and photoshop with no limitations ,but the changes are there in how I have done things previously ,subtle little changes that you barely notice at first ,obviously improvements but different without being able to put my finger on whats changed .one annoying thing that really sticks out is that to get the performance that the machine is capable of I am now going to have to shell out for USB3 external hard drives and a USB3 card reader ,to even access the old files I will also need a USB3 sata hard drive enclosure or two .

the pics seem to be turning out o.k so far though thats one relief
Working...
X