High Sierra Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Sierra Upgrade

I changed from PC to i Mac in September just before the machines came with High Sierra, has anyone upgraded their machines as I have seen good and bad reports and do not know what to do for the best any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Alan

Re: High Sierra Upgrade

I run it on my MBP and it's not give me any problems. There is some software that has compatibility issues, if I recall correctly. I think DPP among it. But nothing I use has any issues.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I upgraded with no problems on an Imac
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I didn’t upgrade initially as I’d read there was a problem with Canon printer drivers. Canon updated the driver after a couple of weeks, then I upgraded to High Sierra on my iMac and have had no problems.

John

Comment

Andy Ian John wow thanks for the quick replies, I back up using time machine to an external hard drive will the upgrade know and upgrade that as well or do I need to start again with a new back up, a newbee to Mac and not very confident
          Alan

Comment

It’s pretty well seamless ,upgrades on macs generally are not to be feared .just make sure you also do any updates as they come along .there are plenty of mac users on here so any problems just ask

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_H View Post
              Andy Ian John wow thanks for the quick replies, I back up using time machine to an external hard drive will the upgrade know and upgrade that as well or do I need to start again with a new back up, a newbee to Mac and not very confident
              Alan
              I can’t recall any problems with time machine running on a Sierra formatted disk but re-creating the backup is just time consuming not problematic...
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks Jeff and Andy, will have a go next week

Alan

Comment

I’ve just upgraded to High Sierra and have had no no problems at all. I also back up using time machine to external hard drive and that’s been ok too.

Sue

Comment

Thanks everyone, bit the bullet and did it no problems just worked

Alan

Comment

Never had any problems on updates on I.mac,I.pad or I.phone . Updates on lightroom cc tonight as well

Comment

I'm running High Sierra on my iMac and the MacBook Pro - no problems so far. I do have a problem with Safari and online banking, but that isn't exclusive to High Sierra - it also happens on El Capitan.
                        Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Working...
                        X