Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

storing images to cf card

hello all
    might anybody know why, when i take a few photos at a location, they are not stored on the cf card in the same sequence as i take them ?
    i use an eos 50D with a kingston 8GB 133X card. have been pondering this one for a while.
    thanks
    pete.

Re: storing images to cf card

What exactly do you mean -
    you take: pics 1 2 3
    camera shows: 2 1 3 numbered 00567 00568 00569 or
    camera shows: 1 2 3 numbered 00569 00567 00568 or??
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/22498927@N05/sets/

Comment

Sounds to me like your card just needs to be re-formatted - in camera!

Like hard disks, as cards are used, files get de-fragmented all over the place and this can lead to apparent random storage.

Personally, I re-format my cards religeously before each outing. I just think it's good practice!
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

thanks canon-fodder,
        sounds good to me, am out tomorrow, have re formatted the card twice ! will see if that does the trick

Comment

If you are using the camera to view the images, then possibly you have set 'jump display', but that normally shows the jump size...I think. If you are using windows explorer or something similar when you get back home, then it could be because they are sorted in order of size or type?? and not image name??

Comment

ah sandyn111
            you hit the head right on the nail ! its when i download the images from the cf card to my pc that they turn up in the wrong order, have sussed the way round it now thanks very much for your help,and to other posters too.
            thas been bovering me for a while
            brilliant, thanks again

Comment

glad you and your pictures are now sorted....in the right order :-)

Comment

Working...
              X