Ingress Protection (IP) Ratings of Canon Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingress Protection (IP) Ratings of Canon Bodies

Can anyone point me the direction of where I can find the Ingress Protection (IP) ratings for Canon digital SLRs?

IP Ratings Explained (Wikipedia)

On a new contract, that I will commence next week, I will need to travel offshore and I would like to take my 60D or 1Ds II with me. For this to happen I need to ascertain the IP rating of each; as I will be using it in hazardous areas. I suppose that I will also need to know the BASEEFA rating (EExd, EExe, etc.) as well, if anyone knows it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    bob
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Re: Ingress Protection (IP) Ratings of Canon Bodies

I don't think canon uses IP ratings, your best bet (in my view) is to get in touch with CPS, but again I don't think they will commit to saying yes IP65 or whatever, the only way to make camera/lens safe in a hazardous area (intrinsically safe is I guess what you mean for explosive/flammable gas etc) is to put camera/lens in a under water housing!

Comment

I seem to recall reading that neither Canon (or Noink) have IP certification for their cameras. [ I know my Garmin GPS is IPX7 (waterproof to just 1m).]

Comment

I doubt very much if they will be BASEEFA rated
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I dont know if you got anywhere with this, but Ex rating cannot be gained by a waterproof housing. Intrinsic safety would need the camera to comply with ATEX directive requirements...either with a limited voltage and potential for electrical charge, or to be in a housing with designed flame-paths. There may be special housings on the market.

you could look up Baseefa at Buxton for their advice
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
          X