Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another upgrade dilemma...... which way to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another upgrade dilemma...... which way to go?

The next couple of months or so will see me able to upgrade my 50D, I thought I’d got it sussed but the more I think about this the worse the choice is becoming. Am I over thinking things???
    First choice would be the 5D MKII, but the more I read about it the more I begin to dismiss it just because of the relatively slow frame rate and auto focus. The 7D would be a good choice but I’d like to get away from the APS-C sensor. The 1D MK4 would be the ultimate, would be overkill for what I need, but the entire camera I could ever want.
    Then there’s the 1D MK3 and 1Ds MK3.........
    Budget = £3000 and the sale of my 50D.

I already have the 24-70 f2.8L and 70-200 f2.8is mkii. As well as 580ex ii
    Either the 5D or the 7D would leave funds for a 17-40 f4 L and a 100 f2.8L IS macro as well, or anything else.
    I photograph anything and everything from landscape, family n friends to odd bit of motorsport, and wildlife.
    Any help with making this any easier or comments on the various bodies would be appreciated.

Regards, mark.

Re: Another upgrade dilemma...... which way to go?

The 1Ds3 is about the same price as a 1D4 - both excellent cameras - and used models are about the 3k mark. The 1Ds3 has about the same frame rate as the 50D, but with much better AF
    ef-r

Comment

Re: Another upgrade dilemma...... which way to go?

Or wait for the 5D MKIII or 6D that seems to be making noises on the tinternet

Comment

Working...
      X