Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 30D - Viewfinder blur issue

Hello,

Just thought i'd post before sending for repair...I have a 30D, was away skiing when I noticed when looking through the view finder, the LED info displayed is blurred, as is some of the viewfinder itself?

It still takes a shot in focus, so not sure what the problem is.I recently cleaned the sensor with a proper sensor kit bought through this site, and following the instructions. It was all fine post the clean so not sure what's happened since.

Does anyone have any suggestions? many thanks
    Simon

Re: EOS 30D - Viewfinder blur issue

First thought is condensation if you took the 30D from inside to out in the snow and the cold air.

Have you moved the dioptric adjustment knob during your "spring clean" ??

David
    David

Comment

I am with the dioptre adjustment as the first thing to check since you say the images are OK. It has a fair range so if it has been turned to either limit things will be pretty blurred.

Comment

Hi MrSybs.

I would try the dioptre as well i have just done a quick test since reading your post & the above.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
          First thought is condensation if you took the 30D from inside to out in the snow and the cold air.

Have you moved the dioptric adjustment knob during your "spring clean" ??

David
          Hi David, thanks for posting....in answer to your question, no, not that I'm aware of. It didn't seem to ba an issue directly aftrer my spring clean....I had some 'dots' on my last blue sky shots and spent an age cloning them out in PS so I thought I'd do a good sensor clean.

Excuse my ignorance and lack of correct terminology but maybe the plate that has the auto-focus diamond on it needs a wipe?

I will check the dioptric knob as soon as i get home and report back my findings. Thanks very much for your time, really appreciate it! Simon

Comment

Thank you F.S.P, I will give that a bash tonight when i get in and let you know! thanks very much,
            Simon

Comment

Hey Petros, thanks for posting...it seems a good place to start! Many thanks for your input, I will check tonight! cheers
              simon

Comment

Hello again all,

Now I feel stupid....You were all right, it was indeed the dioptric adjustment that was the issue. Casting my mind back now I can see what must have happened. I passed it to a pal to take a burst of shots whilst doing some rails in the snow park....she must have fiddled with it trying to find the shoot button.

A good lesson learnt though, I know the first thing to check if it happens again! Thanks David, Petros and FSP for the pointer, most kind and much appreciated! cheers, Simon

Comment

No worries Simon, happy to help and a bit chuffed that I thought of checking the dioptric adjuster.

Just remember never feel stupid about asking a question always feel stupid for not asking the question...

David
                  David

Comment

Well done Simon, just remember any time you ask a question - if you get a correct answer we probably only know 'cos we asked the same question here sometime before you did!

Peter.

Comment

Working...
                    X