5D problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D problem

I'm having a problem with my 5D.the camera is loading three images to my CF card, I have checked the settings and it is not set for bracketing. The settings on the image are all the same, f stop shutter etc. Can anyone throw any light on why this may be happening?

Re: 5D problem

How are the three images named?

Comment

Is it firing 3 times?

I can understand 2 - but 3 is strange
      ef-r

Comment

Indeed, it does sound strange. Have a look through all menus, not just "bracketing." - Colour shift ( or whatever it's called ) - also does muti-exposures.

Comment

Just a thought what about if you clear your custom function settings?.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
          Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
          Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

I agree with FSP.

I would restore factory settings and start from there.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

If you do a hard reset (that includes taking both batteries out for 24 hours) as well as resetting to ex-factory state .... Don't forget your images may start renumbering from IMG_0001.CR2.

(I did a hard reset with my 7D after I'd, errrrrm done something silly with the Custom Functions that screwed up Autofocus ... it started the image counter from 1).

Comment

I have an idea that if you take a picture and leave it on the card then put the back in after the hard reset and take another picture it may give the correct IMGxxxx.CR2.

Does the 5D have the ability to save a configuration to and retrieve it from the card like the 1 series? If so, that might be an idea as well.
                Last edited by Oggie; 15-02-2012, 12:03.
                Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Could it be as simple as a sticky shutter button?
                  ef-r

Comment

Are you saving images as raw format?

Comment

Working...
                    X