Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D III - Fact or Fiction?

Hi All,

Just read this - make your own minds up.

TTFN,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Re: 5D III - Fact or Fiction?

It could be fact. The 5D2 could well be due an update now that Nikon has revealed their rather tasty D800.
    But on the other hand its been fiction for the last couple of years.

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

It's got the highest status at Canon Rumors Mike; which usually means it's on the way - but when, is the the question?
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Just call it 'faction'! Don't think there's much doubt it's going to happen much sooner rather than later - D800 though has been getting seriously mixed reviews

Comment

I am glad I did a tactical purchase of the 1D3 as this has insulated me from this speculation and wait - from the 1DX and 5DII from Canon and the Nikon D800. The more I use the 1Ds3 the happier I become. Just had a day at BWC using the 1Ds3 as the camera and the quality of images coming out is just stunning. It is going to take some time for me me to need a better camera so I no longer care what is happening with the new models.

I think that the 5DII will be upgraded with new technology trickled down from the 1DX - like a better AF system. If that happens a the price goes up - will they keep producing the 5DII as a cheap entry point?
          ef-r

Comment

And that's the key point isn't it Brian - if you're getting top images off your current gear (and your 1D4/1Ds3 do precisely that) they why bother chasing the 'bleeding edge' technology? Personally I wouldn't buy anything at version 1 - cars, ipods, software, cameras etc etc - until the bugs have been ironed out......dot releases for me!

Comment

Originally posted by mwphoto View Post
              And that's the key point isn't it Brian - if you're getting top images off your current gear (and your 1D4/1Ds3 do precisely that) they why bother chasing the 'bleeding edge' technology? Personally I wouldn't buy anything at version 1 - cars, ipods, software, cameras etc etc - until the bugs have been ironed out......dot releases for me!
              Also I understand that I haven't reached the limit of the exisiting technology.

I think too many people upgrade because they blame the kit rather than themselves so to updrade will automatically improve their images....

I think that probably that a lot of people that are two generations behind have a good reason to upgrade (for better ISO performance if nothing else) - in that I would include
              - owners of 1D3 or earlier
              - owners of 5D
              - xxD owners of 50D or earlier
              - xxxD owners of kit earlier than 550D

It doesn't mean that these people should upgrade - especially if they are happy with the images - just that newer technology will buy them new functionality
              ef-r

Comment

Agreed entirely! Don't let Canon into our secret though -oops they'll have read this!

Comment

Canon Rumors seem confident the 5DIII will be announced at events in France and Singapore this Friday! Some more pictures too possibly.
                  TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

What do you think the price will be? - I'm thinking £2 300.00 - £2 500.00. I wonder if they will match the 36-odd mega-pixels of nonik D 800?
                    Any specs yet?

Comment

Muscat and I are going to the Focus on Imaging - hopefully it will be there!
                      ef-r

Comment

Same website says $3500 which equates to £2200 according to XE right now. But then you need to add the 20% UK rip off factor.

Details:

22mp
                        61pt AF
                        100% VF
                        3.2″ LCD
                        Dual CF/SD Card Slots
                        Price: Around $3500 USD
                        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Err, $3500 usually equates to £3499 in new camera body terms.
                          Bob Turner
                          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I'll be there too....doubt the 5DMKIII will be there though ....surely there would have been release info and a lot of hype!
                            Olympus are launching the OM-D there and they've been releasing specs and sample images for weeks, maybe thats not Canon's style...
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

The msrp of $3500 will bear little resemlence to the street price after the initial rush - expect it to be in the region of £2500-2700
                              ef-r

Comment

Working...
                              X