Setting up a camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a camera

Whilst looking around on different threads i`ve come across people saying to get better results you may need to set up the camera; as a complete numpty when it comes to this can anyone shed a bit of light on what sort of things i might need to look at? Harvey

Re: Setting up a camera

Hello Harvey,
    Can you please give some details of what gear you have and in particular what model camera as each one has different "foibles"... bit like tuning a Ferrari to how you want to drive it but in reality you have a Toyota Prius on your driveway.

David
    David

Comment

Hi David , my setup is a canon 1d mk2 and canon 70-300 is usm and to be honest what settings I could change and to what effect, sorry if that's a bit vague

Comment

Hi Harvey, I cannot help you with the 1d mk2 as I use a 50D, however, there will be someone along who will be able to assist now they what which camera you are using.

David
        David

Comment

David

I think you mean Colin.
          del

Comment

Hello Harvey

Most bodies could do with a little tweeking of the custom functions. It's a while since I had a MKII, but look at the focussing and tracking options - slow the tracking from medium to medium slow and it won't try to hunt for closer subjects so quickly. Just go through them and decide whether the standard option is a benefit to you, or whether you should change to one of the alternative options.

From memory, it's not so critical on the MKII, but much more so on the MKIII and MKIV and 7D.

If you have any queries regarding specific custom functions, let me know.

Regards

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin tbh I don't have any specific things In mind but I was curious to see what makes any difference

Comment

Would the OP have any use from the micro focus adjust ?
                (although I heard that for zooms it may only be effective at a certain focal length)

Comment

Don't think the Mk2 has microadjustment - so if not focussing sharp no option but to get calibrated professionally

Comment

Ah right , thanks MW :)

Comment

Working...
                    X